6 ★ The Midnight Duel

࿔₊°༺★༻࿔₊°

IT WAS DINNER TIME. Crystal sat alone, a few seats away from Harry and Ron eating quietly and quickly. The girls and boys around her were squealing and talking in hushed tones, glancing at her sometimes. It was very uncomfortable, she felt like a new species on display at zoo. Hermione was busy talking with some second years a few seats away from them.

Harry had just finished telling Ron what had happened when he'd left the grounds with Professor McGonagall. Ron had a piece of steak and kidney pie halfway to his mouth, but he'd forgotten all about it.

"Seeker?" he said. "But first years never -- you must be the youngest house player in about a century,"

"Wood told me." said Harry, shoveling pie into his mouth. He felt particularly hungry after the excitement of the afternoon.

Ron was so amazed, so impressed, he just sat and gaped at Harry.

"I start training next week," said Harry. "Only don't tell anyone, Wood wants to keep it a secret."

Fred and George Weasley now came into the hall, spotted Harry, and hurried over.

"Well done," said George in a low voice. "Wood told us. We're on the team too -- Beaters."

"I tell you, we're going to win that Quidditch cup for sure this year," said Fred. "We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant. You must be good, Harry, Wood was almost skipping when he told us."

George's eye caught Crystal eating alone and called out nudging Fred to follow.

"Hey, Crystal! Haven't heard from you for days." said George.

"Yeah, how are you doing? Bored from school yet?" said Fred.

"Good so far. Maybe in few years everything will get boring?" said Crystal wiping her mouth with tissue, "anyway, anything exciting going on with you guys?"

"Everything! We made Filch go crazy today!" said George with a loud laugh.

"He was shouting like a maniac! It was worth the look on his face!" Fred added.

"I can imagine,"

"Anyway, we've got to go, Lee Jordan reckons he's found a new secret passageway out of the school."

"Bet it's that one behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy that we found in our first week. See you."

Fred and George had hardly disappeared when someone far less welcome turned up: Malfoy, flanked by Crabbe and Goyle.

"Having a last meal, Potter? When are you getting the train back to your village?"

"You're a lot braver now that you're back on the ground and you've got your little friends with you," said Harry coolly.

"Really? Haven't you got your friends to defend you too? Friends like Miss Crystal Calisto here?" said Malfoy blocking Crystal's path who was going to meet Dumbledore to discuss the new schedule they were starting for the Successor training for Head of the Calisto.

Crystal tried to go around the other side but got blocked again.

"What do you want now?" said Crystal, irked inside.

"You've got a lot of attitude for being a heiress of Calisto when you've got nothing special beside your beautiful appearance," said Malfoy looking down on her as he was slightly taller. Crystal rolled her eyes fed up.

"Malfoy, you -- " Harry stood up about to swing his fist but Crystal stopped him. Harry knew she didn't like it remembering how she reacted when last time Ron commented something similar.