❀ Chapter 3: Dandelions ❀

❀ 𝑂 𝑅 𝐸 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 ❀(ɪɴᴛᴇʀsᴛᴇʟʟᴇʀ - ʜᴀɴs ᴢɪᴍᴍᴇʀ)

❀ 𝑂 𝑅 𝐸 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 ❀
(ɪɴᴛᴇʀsᴛᴇʟʟᴇʀ - ʜᴀɴs ᴢɪᴍᴍᴇʀ)

When I was a little girl, I would sneak out of the house.

Whatever foster parent I had been placed with didn't care that I was gone for long periods of time to God knows where.

Usually, there was some type of forest in the town I was in. And if they ever bothered to actually look for me, then that's where they would find me.

Dancing in the fields. Touching the tips of flower pedals. So colorful that my eyes went wide whenever they landed on a new one.

Spinning in a circle as whatever hand-me-down I had been given circled around my thighs.

I liked looking up at the sky as I spun. I liked seeing the bright blue and the dark blue when it had gotten late.

I liked seeing the white clouds and the bright stars that lit up the sky.

I liked being alone.

Then one day, I tried something out. Something I had never dare did before, afraid that I might hurt myself.

I spun, yes, but this time on the tips of my toes.

I spun and danced, leaping and soon fell into a rhythm.

I hadn't yet known that there was a name for this so called "leaping" and "spinning" and "dancing".

I hadn't yet known that this thing would take over the rest of my life, be the only thing that had ever made me feel calm. Safe. Like I wasn't completely alone in this cruel world.

Ballet.

And you would have to kill me to stop me from teaching myself every little thing there was to know about this so called "Ballet."

Whenever I had gone to school during my mostly forgotten elementary school days, I would sneak off to the library during recess and ask the librarian who I think had something out for me because whenever I went she would huff and puff and roll her eyes.

Like the big bad wolf.

But as I was saying, I would sneak off into the library and ask for every book she had on ballet.

So I could study. Teach myself different moves.

Then when I had gotten home, after being scolded and spat at and hit for coming home later then I was suppose to (most likely from staying after school to read the ballet books) I would do my homework then once again sneak off into the forest.