✦ Chapter 14: Abandoned ✦

✦ 𝑅 𝑂 𝐺 𝑈 𝐸  ✦(Roslyn - Bon iver & St

✦ 𝑅 𝑂 𝐺 𝑈 𝐸  ✦
(Roslyn - Bon iver & St. Vincent)

"What is this place?" I hear her ask behind me as I jump out of the truck.

I had parked it in this empty parking lot save for the discarded beer bottles and cigarette butts. I light one myself, sticking it in my mouth as I move to the backseat and grab the duffel bag

I must like her somewhat to drive out here in the middle of the night as it pours rain and carry this duffel bag that's heavy as shit, I might add.

Hefting it over my shoulder, I stuff my lighter into my pants pocket, slamming the door behind me.

I hear her footsteps as I try to sidestep puddles
even though there's no point, considering the rain is wetting my whole body.

"You know, I think your favorite hobby might be not answering my questions." I hear her voice behind me, shuddering because yes, it's cold as fuck.

But I haven't done this in awhile and I have a feeling we both need some type of break from humanity.

And yes, I love ignoring her. Gives me a false sense of control that otherwise she has. Over me. All the damn time.

It makes me sick.

I can feel my shirt sticking to my skin as I toss the duffel bag over to her. She reaches her hands out to catch it quickly.

She stumbles back a bit and it takes all my fucking strength to not reach my own hands out to catch her.

Just in case she fell.

"What the fuck-" she starts.

"Language." I taunt and she glares at me. I smirk, turning away, pulling my hood up over my head. "pull yours up to."

"Why?" She yells at me over the pour of the rain. It beats so loud on the dusted pavement of the parking lot that I can barely make out what she says.

I sigh, turning to face her and feeling her breaths on my face as I pull her hood up for her. She blinks, gripping the duffel bag closer to her chest.

The amount of times I've been this close to her are too many to count. Just the way I like it. The way I've always liked it.

I take the heavy duffel from her hands, those green eyes staring at me as the rain wets her face and dampens the hair sticking out of her hood. Or my hood. The one I gave her while we were in the car.