❀ Chapter 25: Green ✦

❀ 𝑂 𝑅 𝐸 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 ❀(ᴄʜᴀᴍʙᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ʀᴇꜰʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ - ᴍᴀʀᴄ ᴅᴇᴍᴀʀᴄᴏ)

❀ 𝑂 𝑅 𝐸 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 ❀
(ᴄʜᴀᴍʙᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ʀᴇꜰʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ - ᴍᴀʀᴄ ᴅᴇᴍᴀʀᴄᴏ)

"Where are you taking me?" I ask him although I'm not really paying attention when he responds.

I'm to busy staring wide eyed at our interlaced fingers. He's holding my hand. Willingly. Rogue is holding my hand. Willingly!

I was crying, sitting on the floor of my room when he burst in. He saw me, curled up with tears falling down my cheeks for a woman I felt never loved me as much as she should've.

He took one look at me and picked me up easily and I loved the way he could hold me without one tired breath or ounce of strain. It was as if I weighed nothing whenever I was in his arms.

He held me for a few minutes until I stopped crying and then he placed me ever so gently on my feet and took my hand and then he led me out of his room.

Leon was polishing the tip of his shotgun. He stared at us for a second. "And where the hell is y'all going?" He asked.

Rogue didn't answer and didn't allow me to with how fast he was walking.

I did notice, however, how Leon's eye's had dropped down to our hands. Pressed together tightly as if we never wanted to let go. I, for one, didn't.

A look had passed over his face. A dark look. He narrowed his eyes on our hands but didn't say anything or didn't get the chance to when the door closed loudly behind us.

"You'll see." He muttered, holding a branch aside as I stepped into the forest, the dirt road falling away to grass and trees.

"I won't be able to see if I get hit with one of these branches so I'd advise you to tell me now." I said, swatting a branch away.

He chuckles. He chuckles and I want to capture his laugh before it's gone again. Find some way to listen to it every single day.

He keeps walking, both of us stepping over roots and more muddy parts of the ground since it had just rained.

At first I think he's taking me to the clearing. Our Quiet Place. He does but doesn't at the same time.

We get to the clearing, butterflies floating around, the sun almost down but you'd barely notice with the leaves on the tall trees surrounding us blocking our view of the sky. I see a bunny, hopping around. Flowers, especially dandelions are scattered everywhere.

I smile, tugging on his hand to pick one up. He waits for me for a second until I take one out of the ground and roll it between my fingers a few times.