❀ Chapter 21: Bullet ❀

❀ 𝑂 𝑅 𝐸 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 ❀(sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ - ᴊᴏᴊɪ)

❀ 𝑂 𝑅 𝐸 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 ❀
(sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ - ᴊᴏᴊɪ)

We'd only been following Rogue for a good few minutes before he abruptly stopped his truck in front of a tall white House.

Vera stopped the car, far away enough so he couldn't see us. We both leaned forward, me in the passenger seat, squinting our eyes to make out what he was doing.

"Who's house is that?" I ask, not taking my eyes off the truck. Rogue opens his car door, jumping out. Even from here I can see the anger radiating off of him in waves. He looks so pissed it's kind of scary.

"I dunno," I glance at Vera who's trying just as hard as me to see as she grips the steering wheel. "it's so fucking dark I can't see anything!"

I turn back to watch Rogue. Even though I know he's angry, he walks calmly up the driveway of whoever's house this is.

Then it hits me. Of course.

"I'm so fucking stupid. This is Javier's house." I whisper.

Vera turns to me, looking confused. "Why are we whispering?" She whispers back. "and why would he come here of all places? What does that prick have to do with anything?"

I subconsciously rub my wrist. I sit back in my seat, taking a slow breath as I watch Rogue stop in front of the front door and knock. Even from here I can see him twisting his silver ring around his finger. It gleams in the dark.

"I lied." I confess, glancing quickly at Vera and then away.

I can feel her staring at my side profile as she try's to remember what I even lied about. "Oh!" there we go. "I so knew that! I knew you didn't 'accidentally' hit it against something." She says that 'accidentally' part with air quotes.

"Yup." I nod, pursing my lips.

"What does that have to do with Javier though?" She leans back to and I just stare at her waiting for her to get it. "Oh!" She says again, straightening up in her seat and turning to me. "no way he did that to you...you know what? I wouldn't put it past him." She furrows her eyebrows, crossing her arms. "that fucking jerk."

I turn back to watch Rogue. He's still standing in front of the door waiting for who I can only assume is Javier.

"He's gonna do something really stupid." I mutter.

"Is that why we came here? To stop him? Now that's stupid." She points out, shaking her head. "we should let him do whatever he wants to that two faced idiot. He deserves it."