❀ Chapter 18: Alone ❀

❀ 𝑂 𝑅 𝐸 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 ❀(ɪᴛs ᴏᴋ - ᴛᴏᴍ ʀᴏsᴇɴᴛʜᴀʟ)

❀ 𝑂 𝑅 𝐸 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 ❀
(ɪᴛs ᴏᴋ - ᴛᴏᴍ ʀᴏsᴇɴᴛʜᴀʟ)

Nightmares.

Many people have them, if not all. Me included.

But the nightmares of most are usually filled with monsters that lurk under their beds and kids who laugh and point in the hallways of their schools.

Mine, on the other hand, are not even nightmares if I were completely honest. They're real life. My life. Relived over and over again in the messed up jumble I call my head.

As soon as I had closed my eyes, I was thrown back to times with my mother.

If I could even call her that.

There are many things I can't remember, times in my life that are blocked out as if I had suppressed them. Or something else had happened...

But the memories long forgotten always come back. They always do.

May 20th 2010

It's like I'm floating outside my own body as I stare down at five year old me, hand in hand with a women.

A young women who couldn't be more then 20 with white-blond hair and these piercing eyes. She looks as if she hadn't eaten in days, scrawny limbs and sunken in cheeks.

But through the thin hair and dark chapped lips, eye bags and yellowed eyes, she was beautiful.

She wore this skimpy sequined dress and these heels that barely fit her, cigarette between long nimble fingers brought up to graze her thin lips.

The little girl (me) she pulled behind her wore a t-shirt that reached my knees, my pale hair framing my thin but small face as my bright green curious eyes darted around me.

I could barely keep up with my mother as she pulled me down the empty sidewalk. On either side of us we're tall dark buildings. The moon hovered ominously over us and the street lamps flickered every now and then.

It was like my own fucking horror movie.

Dreams were weird. Nightmares were just as peculiar. But being lucid through it all might just take the cake.

We passed a dark empty alleyway, a big dumpster casting a shadow on the opposite brick wall.

My eyes catch on something. Another shadow. But this time it was moving.

I squinted my eyes, trying to get a better look but couldn't make it out.

Maybe it was a squirrel or something.