❀ Chapter 6: Burns ❀

❀ 𝑂 𝑅 𝐸 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 ❀(Aᴘᴏᴄᴀʟʏᴘsᴇ - ᴄɪɢᴇʀᴇᴛᴛᴇs ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ sᴇx) (Wᴀʀɴɪɴɢs‼️ - sᴇʟꜰ ʜᴀʀᴍ)

❀ 𝑂 𝑅 𝐸 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 ❀
(Aᴘᴏᴄᴀʟʏᴘsᴇ - ᴄɪɢᴇʀᴇᴛᴛᴇs ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ sᴇx)
(Wᴀʀɴɪɴɢs‼️ - sᴇʟꜰ ʜᴀʀᴍ)

Rogue must've waited for me to come out of the shack because he's leaning on the wall next to the door.

The door shuts behind me as I stare at him. "What are you doing right there?" I ask him, trying to calm the racing of my beating heart.

Rogue leans away from the wall, a blank stare no longer taking over his dark features. He looks pissed now.

He starts walking without answering me. I stare at his back for a moment, the light from the moon and stars the only thing allowing me to see his form.

I follow behind him, not sure what to say after what had happened. I mean, who was that 'her' Ben was talking about? And why did it make Rogue so mad when she was mentioned?

The truck is further away then I remembered as we trek across the low cut grass, mushrooms and small dandelions dotting the acres.

"Are you okay?" I ask after I've caught up with him, my breaths coming out in harsh puffs.

He still walks, not turning around or even acknowledging me.

"It's okay if you don't want to to talk. I just wanted to know because Ben said 'her' and that was clearly the thing that made you mad," I continue as we get closer to his truck. "I know that if someone mentioned someone that I didn't like I would get angry to. I mean-"

Suddenly, Rogue drops his sketchbook and spins around and grabs my biceps, my eyes widening as he turns back to slam me against the car door.

The wind is nearly knocked out of me, my chest heaving and his to as he leans in close, our noses nearly touching as his dark eyes stare into my light ones.

It's like they're searching mine. For what? I didn't know but they made my heart nearly stop.

"Why are you being so fucking nice? Stop it. Please."  he grumbled out, his low voice sending shivers down my spine.

I look up at him, my hands nearly touching his shoulders as he bends to hold my biceps. I furrow my eyebrows, confused. Stop being nice?

"Why? Why can't I be nice to you?" I breath. He's so close. So so close.

He's silent as his hands move up to my shoulders, that firm grip of his making a pain shoot through my shoulder blades. I try not to let him notice because then he would instantly pull back from me.