❀ Chapter 22: Gone ✦

❀ 𝑂 𝑅 𝐸 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 ❀(ᴅᴀᴅᴅʏ ɪssᴜᴇs - ɴʙʜᴅ)

❀ 𝑂 𝑅 𝐸 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 ❀
(ᴅᴀᴅᴅʏ ɪssᴜᴇs - ɴʙʜᴅ)

When I wake up, Rogue is gone.

✦ 𝑅 𝑂 𝐺 𝑈 𝐸 ✦

As soon as Orelia had fallen asleep, I left.

I had brought her back to the house and as soon as we had gotten past a still sleeping Leon and up the stairs, I picked her up and brought her to my room.

Our clothes were soaking wet from the rain and sticking to our skin but I couldn't even think about that. She was holding, clinging on to me for dear life. That's all I could think about.

When I had tried laying her on my bed, she had shook her head quickly saying "Can we sleep on the floor? Instead?" She looked so fucking embarrassed and so fucking adorable.

I would give her anything right then and there if she just asked me to.

But then I had only nodded my head, words to caught up in my throat to utter any of them.

I had set her on her feet and we both lay on the floor, just staring at each other. It wasn't an awkward stare. It was one as if we had never seen each other before, running our eyes over every inch of each others faces.

Of course, I had the small curve of her nose and the cupid bows of her lips and the green of her eyes circulating through my mind over and over again ever since I met her for the first time all those years ago.

Orelia's eyes had fluttered closed first, sleep soon taking over her. But I just stared. I couldn't help it. She is so goddamn beautiful.

It hurts my heart that she'll never see me how I see her.

I brushed her pale hair away from her face and behind her ear.

I reach into my pocket and pull out the dandelion I had picked out of the ground when she wasn't looking. I tuck it behind her ear gently, cursing myself for not being able to see the smile on her face when she woke up and found it there.

I see the look in her eyes. I know she thinks she feels the same way I do about her. That every time she speaks it's like a stab in the heart because I know I'll never get to hear that soft voice of hers for the rest of my life. I know I won't get to feel her touch for ever and ever.

No matter how badly I want to.

She's the only thing that makes me happy. And I hate that because that shouldn't be her job. To have that weight on her shoulders. Because if she's gone I'm gone to and if I'm not I might as well be.

I would hug the fucking sun if it meant that It would give her just an ounce of shade. I would give her my heart if it meant that she could breath again even if it was only for a second.

It's weird what you would do for the people you...no. I can't say that word because I don't.

I roll the window down as I sit in my truck, driving down the road as the sun slowly starts to peak over the horizon.