✦ Chapter 11: Runaway ✦

✦ 𝑅 𝑂 𝐺 𝑈 𝐸  ✦(ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ - ᴋxʟʟsᴡxᴛᴄʜ)

✦ 𝑅 𝑂 𝐺 𝑈 𝐸 ✦
(ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ - ᴋxʟʟsᴡxᴛᴄʜ)

I've come to the realization that I'm not a big fan of...people.

So imagine my surprise when I see a black car parked in front of Leon's house.

I know it's not the fuckers that Leon calls his "friends" because they don't have cars.

Especially not one that looks like this.

I step onto the dirt road, holding the long branch back for Orelia as she follows close behind me.

I'm not facing her. I can't see her face. But it's still in my head. I think about that face even when I'm not with her. When I'm alone in my room listening to music or drawing.

Sometimes I find myself sketching the tendrils of her long hair or her small button nose.

And then I erase it because what the fuck is wrong with me?

I find myself studying every feature of her face. I know it so well by now that I could draw every little detail from memory without the marks of an eraser anywhere to be found on the smooth white paper.

Her hair wasn't blond. It wasn't white either. I'm not sure what color it is but all I know is that it pisses me off.

Maybe because the color is so fucking perfect. Like her eyes. Green. Not emerald. But a light clear green, just a tad darker around the irises but not enough where it's noticeable unless you were up close.

And it made me angry for whatever reason to think that someone could be close enough to see all the different greens in her eyes. Someone that wasn't me.

"Who's car is that?" Her voice is soft. Always so fucking soft.

Sometimes I feel bad for how mean I am to her. But then I realize I don't give a fuck and continue on with my ways.

"How would I know that?" I grumble out, looking ahead at the black car.

I can feel her eyes on the side of my face. I've noticed that she looks at me a lot.

Me, I study her in secret. Sometimes she'll catch me but I don't let it happen to many times.

But her? She'll stare at me without a clue in the world that I know. She'll look at me until I finally look up and catch her and then that red blush would cover her cheeks and a smirk would touch my lips.

"Oh you've got to be fucking kidding me." I finally look at her, watching as she squints at the car as we get closer.

I look back at it to, realizing it belongs to that same chick from before. Orelia's social worker.