❀ Chapter 35: Him ❀

❀ 𝑂 𝑅 𝐸 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 ❀(Poison Tree - Grouper)

❀ 𝑂 𝑅 𝐸 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 ❀
(Poison Tree - Grouper)

When Rogue had come here all I had felt was anger. Pure anger. I couldn't figure it out. I didn't understand. Nothing. Made. Sense.

And I watched as he left, after he had said those words. No words would come out of my mouth though. It was like everything was moving in slow motion.

"You promised you'd stay and then you were gone."

All I could say was "oh." Nothing else because what the actual fuck.

I promised I'd stay and then I was gone.

What does that mean? At least, that's the question I had asked myself after Vera had come out into the hall and took me by my hand and led me into her room. It was like my body wasn't my own. His words kept ringing through my head.

Vera had kept trying to talk to me. Trying to see if I was okay. I'm sure she had heard everything but I knew, even though she was the most nosiness person, that she had not been eavesdropping.

I had lay down on her bed and curled myself up into a ball, watching as she leaned over me to peak out the window, my mind swirling with possibilities of what he could've meant.

I mean, what else could he have meant. Theres not a lot of room to venture far from the fact that I had promised him something a long time ago. I had promised him I wouldn't leave but I did anyway?

But why? Why did I leave? What happened? When was this? And why the hell don't I remember any of it.

I could see out the window as Vera continued to look out of it. Rogue was walking down the driveway and I could see his shaking hands from where I lay, rocking myself back and forth.

And then I began to cry and he looked over his shoulder as if he could hear me, his eyes blank, far off.

Vera hurried to close the curtains back but it was too late. Tears streamed down my face as I squeezed my eyes shut. I couldn't breathe. It was like I was gasping for air but none would fill my lungs and Vera lay down behind me and rested her chin on my arm to comfort me but I couldn't be comforted.

I was hurting too much.

My head fucking hurt.

My eyes hurt.

My hands hurt from how hard I was digging my nails into them.

And of course, my heart hurt so badly I'd do anything for it to just stop. To make it all stop. For someone to explain to me what just happened.