✦ Chapter 24: Diner ❀

✦ 𝑅 𝑂 𝐺 𝑈 𝐸  ✦(ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʀʏ - ʟᴀɴᴀ ᴅᴇʟ ʀᴇʏ)

✦ 𝑅 𝑂 𝐺 𝑈 𝐸 ✦
(ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʀʏ - ʟᴀɴᴀ ᴅᴇʟ ʀᴇʏ)

I close the dandelion in my hand, trying hard not to squeeze it until it's nothing but seeds.

I tighten my jaw, remembering how angry she looked at me. How she looked like she would rather be around anyone else.

It broke my heart.

I put the dandelion in my pocket gently, my hand shaking slightly. The tremor really messes with my head. Why was I shaking?

I tried to warn her. That's all I was trying to do. I know she wouldn't forgive me. Not right now at least.

But I saw someone when I had left the classroom after the whole Gianna situation.

I had walked out of the classroom, all calm. Not a worry in the world because Gianna couldn't effect me. Not like Orelia had and seeing how she didn't even glance at me when we were in that classroom really set me off. I wanted to snap the fucking pencil in my hand.

I had pulled my headphones from my neck and on to my head, Psycho by Mareux immediately blasting from the small speakers.

I was just gonna sit in my truck and smoke a cig until school was over and then try and find some way to get Orelia to come with me. I didn't have a plan beyond that I just wanted her next to me. With me. Close enough that I could touch her if she wanted me to because God knows I would do anything she asked.

But then I had turned the corner and bumped into someone. It didn't make me stumble but the woman reached her hands out to grasp my arms to steady herself.

It took everything in me not to cringe away. I hated when people touched me.

"My bad..." I muttered.

"Oh, I'm sorry." The woman said at the same time, voice shaky, small.

I took a step back once she had steadied herself. I could finally get a good look at her and she looked so familiar. I couldn't figure out why. The pale hair, green eyes, the small nose and slightly wide eyes.

My eyes dropped down to her arm. Bruises in the middle. It was a strong discolored part of her arm. It looked very concerning.

"Your...your okay." The woman said, speaking slowly.

She couldn't have been more then 40. Maybe 37 or 38.

I didn't say anything, only watched as she stepped aside and turned the corner.

It was only a few seconds before I shook my head and took a step forward, meaning to head to my truck. But then I heard something that made me stop dead in my tracks.