❀ Chapter 23: Ribbons ❀

❀ 𝑂 𝑅 𝐸 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 ❀(sᴛᴀɴ - ᴇᴍɪɴᴇᴍ & ᴅɪᴅᴏ) 11 years ago ᴛᴡ‼️: ᴅʀᴜɢ ᴀʙᴜsᴇ

❀ 𝑂 𝑅 𝐸 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 ❀
(sᴛᴀɴ - ᴇᴍɪɴᴇᴍ & ᴅɪᴅᴏ)
11 years ago
ᴛᴡ‼️: ᴅʀᴜɢ ᴀʙᴜsᴇ

Days after my dad...Ethan left, me and momma stayed in small, cheap motels.

She held tightly on to my hand as we hurried across the parking lot, the sky crying with its downpour and the wind stabbing into the naked skin of my arms.

My mothers tall heels clicked against the concrete, drowned by the thunder and rain. I had wondered how she hadn't fallen or slipped.

She pushed the door to the motel open, quickly walking inside with me close behind her.

She shook her hair and I did the same. She smiled down at me and I smiled back.

She squeeze my hand as we looked around the foyer. A desk stood in the front with a older lady sitting behind it. The wallpaper was a dark ugly blue with small flowers scattered all along it. The floor tiles were chipping and the lights were dim, barely casting a glow on anything.

"Hello. I was wondering if you had a room we could stay in tonight?" My mother asked, walking up to the desk. Her hand was shaky in mine and she kept yawning as if she could fall asleep on the floor right then and there.

Hanging from her shoulder was a purse with small fake diamond studs all over it. She hasn't put it down not once since Ethan left. Even before, she always kept it close.

The lady sitting behind the desk looked as if she would rather be anywhere but where she was now. She looked my mom up and down, a quick dart of her brown eyes. "Mhm..." she glanced at me only once.

My mother let go of my hand and opened her purse, pulling out a few crumpled bills and handed them to her.

The woman squinted her eyes before reaching out to snatch them from her hands. She let her eyes linger on my mom before glancing down and licking her lips, counting the bills.

She looks back up. "Your forty dollars short. This is ten dollars."

"It's all I have." My mother pleaded. "please. Just for one night."

The lady narrowed her eyes again but didn't say anything for a long moment, seeming to study my mother and then me and then my mother again. She looked down at the bills and up again.

"Aren't you a little young to be with a child, out here all alone?" The lady raised a thin eyebrow.

A defensive look passed over my mothers face as she raised her chin and pushed back her shoulders a little. "I'm nineteen. Soon to be twenty."