❀ Chapter 26: Homesick ✦

❀ 𝑂 𝑅 𝐸 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 ❀(Jealous - eyedress)

❀ 𝑂 𝑅 𝐸 𝐿 𝐼 𝐴 ❀
(Jealous - eyedress)

"Should I dye my hair?" Vera asks, pushing her hair up as she poses with duck lips in the mirror.

Chin in my hand and remote in the other, I look up. Tilt my head a little.  "Hmm..." I tap my lip. "What color?"

"Red."

"You'd be the hottest bitch at our school." I say, nodding.

"Correction: third."

"Third?"

"Yeah. You're first and Gianna's bitch ass is second." I laugh and she spins around, hands on her hips. "call her what you want. She's hot as fuck."

I think back to when we were at school. Gianna had come in late. She's never late. She had a black hoodie on (she would never wear such a thing) pulled up over her dark hair. Sweats. No red lipstick. No long red nails. Dark circles under her eyes as if she hadn't slept.

She kept her head down and walked right pass Mr. Finkle without so much as glancing at him.

She sat down in her usual seat in front of me and put her head down. Javier's seat next to her empty once again.

I remembered how harsh Rogue's words were to her and it panged at my heart a little. No matter how much of a bitch she was, she did not look like herself.

"You think I'm the hottest bitch at school?" I ask, looking at her skeptically with an eyebrow raised.

She spun around, pulling on the thin strap of her cropped tank top. She had on some really short biker shorts.

I was currently on her bed, laying on my belly as I flipped through the channels on her small tv, eating from this big bag of Doritos. She had stood, twirling her hair this way and that and asking me if she'd look good with another piercing or red hair or a tattoo.

"Of course. You look like a fucking winter goddess or some shit." She says, staring at me with slightly wide eyes.

I purse my lips. "Really?"

She nods, taking a hair tie off her wrist and putting her black hair in a messy bun. She plops down in the seat in front of her vanity, takes a bottle of black fingernail polish and starts painting her thumb.

"Yup. You have an amazing personality and your gorgeous. No wonder Mr. Grumpy is so obsessed with you." She mutters, sticking out her tongue a bit as she concentrates on her right hand.