8 ★ 'Tis The Season!

࿔₊°༺★༻࿔₊°

CHRISTMAS WAS COMING and since last month Crystal's workload had increased due to the extra lessons for the succeeding as the Head of the Calisto. Crystal started her day early in the morning for extra studies, attended school with everyone on schedule and right after that spent her time in the extra lessons and be back at dorm at night.

This was supposed to be confidential but she could decide whom to tell or not if she wanted on the condition, that the other person doesn't open their mouth.

She didn't tell anyone about this, not even Harry and Hermione when they asked her reason to be late, she just told them that she was attending some extra classes for weak students who are yet to adapt with magic.

One morning in mid-December, Hogwarts woke to find itself covered in several feet of snow. The lake froze solid and the Weasley twins were punished for bewitching several snowballs so that they followed Quirrell around, bouncing off the back of his turban.

No one could wait for the holidays to start. While the Gryffindor common room and the Great Hall had roaring fires, the drafty corridors had become icy and a bitter wind rattled the windows in the classrooms.

Worst of all were Professor Snape's classes down in the dungeons, where their breath rose in a mist before them and they kept as close as possible to their hot cauldrons.

"I do feel so sorry," said Draco Malfoy, one Potions class, "for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home."

He was looking over at Crystal as he spoke. Crabbe and Goyle chuckled. Crystal, who was measuring out powdered spine of lionfish, ignored them. Harry had a different idea as he rolled up his sleeves, but Crystal caught the back of his collar and pulled him back.

"What are you, a gangster?" Crystal said looking at him sternly, "and what is this, pull the sleeves down."

Harry hurriedly did as said, "But they -- "

"Harry, they're trying to provoke me. If you want to take revenge, just don't give them the satisfaction by reacting to everything. They'll start to get frustrated by themselves and stop." said Crystal softly, working on her potion. "Also, don't interfere or bother yourself with my business next time, got it?"

"Okay, got it.... " Harry grumbled, throwing the roots in his cauldron with force. It always bothered him when Crystal being friends with him drew a line between them. There was still multiple iron walls standing around her as she was always secretive with whatever she did.

But what Malfoy said was true, Crystal wasn't going back to Plumery Drive for Christmas. Professor McGonagall had come around the week before, making a list of students who would be staying for the holidays, and Crystal had signed up at once.

She didn't feel sorry for herself at all; this would probably be the best Christmas she'd ever had, that if she ever celebrated it. She was always locked up in her room on the Christmas Day, away from the party and guest and told to stay like she didn't exist, it was like any other day to her.

This year at Hogwarts, Crystal was excited to see how was Christmas celebrated and what was all the fun of the day was. It'd be her first experience ever.

Ron and his brothers were staying, too, because Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were going to Romania to visit Charlie.

To their surprise, Harry had signed up too. He had asked his parents in the letter last week if he could stay and celebrate with Crystal and his friends.