Chapter Eight

**Charlie’s POV**

Tonight was the night. It was time for the Brit Awards. I don’t normally get nervous, but going to an event as big as this? Hell yes, I’m nervous. I sat in my room as Jenny curled my hair for me. We agreed that we’d make a big thing of getting ready together because it’s been ages since we’ve done it. We had music on, snacks, the lot. It was so exciting, but as time went on, I began to feel more and more anxious. This event was big. Massive. And I was going to be attending with the biggest boy band on the planet. I swear, I had a normal life about three months ago.

“There. That’s your make-up and hair done.” Jenny smiled as she admired her handiwork.

“Well? How do I look?”

“Stunning, babe. Gok Wan, eat your heart out.”

I got up and stood in front of my mirror. Oh. My. God.

“What do you think?”

“I look nothing like myself!”

“Of course you do! Only you look like how you’d look if you were a princess.”

I smiled at her. Her compliments made me feel so much better about myself.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Give us a twirl!”

“Jenny, I’m not doing that it’s emba-“

“Just twirl, bitch!”

I sighed before I twirled with little effort. I felt silly, but secretly, in this outfit, I feel amazing.

**Harry’s POV**

The lads and I were in the living room, trying our hardest to stay clean. Not very easy when your five boys who love to muck about.

“What is it with girls and getting ready?” Sighed Niall as he munched on a packet of Quavers.

“It’s just a girls’ thing…” Liam replied. “And you’ll have to change if you get anything down you, thus making us even longer.”

I sat on the sofa. My knee was bouncing. I couldn’t shake the words that were drummed into my brain. “You’re in love with Charlie.” I wasn’t though. Was I? We’re just friends. Aren’t we? I see her as a sister. Don’t I? I was mentally torturing myself as I began to question my feelings. I really couldn't understand them. Suddenly, the boys stood up. I turned around to see what they were looking at. Standing there were two beautiful girls in dresses. I think they were Charlie and Jenny. Who am I kidding? Of course they are, who else would it be? My God, Charlie looked amazing. Jenny looked really nice, too, but Charlie... wow. My thoughts were interrupted by a very loud wolf whistle that escaped Louis mouth.

"Aren't we looking lovely tonight?"

"You don't look too bad yourself, Tomlinson," Jenny smiled.

Charlie just stood there in silence. She seemed to look awkward.

"Alright, Harry, enough gawping, you'll scare them!" Niall teased.

Oh shit. I had been staring. I mentally slapped myself.

"Sorry, I was just... thinking..."

"And I wonder what about..." Louis teased, I give him a sharp nudge in the ribs. "Steady on!"

As he doubled over I whispered "Keep your beak shut tonight. I don't want to be embarassed in front of the world."

"Noted" he replied, slightly winded.

Maybe he was right, though. Maybe I did love her. I had to shake it off, though. For now, at least. This night was important and I had to get my head in the game.