Chapter Twenty-Four

Charlie's POV

Ever since Harry tweeted last night, I've had a string of apologies from a numerous amount of Directioners. Rather strange since less than 24 hours ago, it was a load of hate I was recieving. I guess there was no need to worry after all about him getting involved. I thought I should tweet something myself:

"Thank you to everyone who has sent nice support to me! Remember, Harry is OUR boyfriend! He's yours, too! x"

It was the night before the boys started their tour, so we decided to have a night at ours to celebrate before the UK leg of the tour started. I was going on this part of the tour and so was Jenny, but after that, we'd only ocassionally be flying out to see the boys, so what little time left we had was very much needed.

We decided to order out and listen to music together and just have a good laugh. We've not been able to do that lately, due to the fact that there's been tour rehearsals, recording and other things inbetween.

"Charlie, there's one thing I've never understood," Louis proclaimed inbetween eating his special rice.

"And what's that, El Tommo?" I asked.

"How you had never heard of us until you met Harry."

It was a good question, no denying that, but I did have an answer.

"First of all, that was a cocky remark!" I giggled. 

"He has got a point, though," Zayn smiled. "Not to be up ourselves, but word of us has been spread like wildfire since The X Factor." 

"You have a good point. However, during my teen years, I wasn't very sociable with much of the latest music, TV, etc. because I was encouraged to stay in a lot and study. I was a book worm, too. I mean, I went out to parties now and then, because there's not all that many in Luton, but I studied a lot."

"It's true," Jenny butted in. "Char's parents have always been strict of her studying after our uncle flunking school and ended up working in a garage. But his pay's not so bad. It's just Char's parents want her to have a very good career." 

"That's unfortunate," Liam chimed in. 

"There's one thing that I never understood, either," Niall added.

"Oh? And what's that?" I asked. 

"Why Harry never played you the song he wrote when you guys broke up."

The room was silenced  and everyone was focused on Harry. 

Harry's POV

Nice one, Niall. I was going to keep that a secret. When Charlie and I were living apart, I was devistated. It hurt because I liked her so much. I needed to get it off my chest, so I wrote a song, which one day, Niall caught me writing and he helped me write the music to it. I actually finished writing it a few days before I found Charlie again. 

"You wrote a song?" 

Charlie's voice broke my thoughts. Great, now what? 

"Oh yeah!" Louis exlaimed. "Nearly forgot about that, m'self!" 

"I-it's nothing much," I muttered. "Some scribblings as all." 

"Harry, don't put yourself down," Niall demanded as he took a bite of his prawn cracker. "It's an amazing song and you worked hard on that song and I think if you ever become a solo artist- touch wood 1D is going to last a long time- then you should definitely release it."

I didn't know what to say. I really didn't. 

"Well, can we hear it?" Jenny asked as her eyes beamed. 

"I don't have the ly-lyrics..." I murmered as I played with my food. 

"Good thing I still have a copy, then!" Niall smiled as he reached into his backpack. 

"I can't do accapella-"

"I have my guitar." 

Niall's eyes burned holes into me as they mentally urged me to perform the song. The room was once again silence and everyone looking at me. I sighed before putting my food on the coffee table and Niall got his guitar out of its case and tuned the strings before playing the intro. I closed my eyes and began to sing. 

Now you were standing there right in front of me

I hold on scared and harder to breathe

All of a sudden these lights are blinding me

I never noticed how bright they would be

I saw in the corner there is a photograph

No doubt in my mind it's a picture of you

It lies there alone on it's bed of broken glass

This bed was never made for two

I'll keep my eyes wide open

I'll keep my arms wide open

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of being alone

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

I promise one day I'll bring you back a star

I caught one and it burned a hole in my hand oh

Seems like these days I watch you from afar

Just trying to make you understand

I'll keep my eyes wide open yeah

I didn't open my eyes once. I could sense Niall was focusing on the song and everyone sat in silence as we performed. 

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Don't let me

Don't let me go

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Don't let me

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of feeling alone

Don't let me

Don't let me go

'Cause I'm tired of sleeping alone 

I opened my eyes and everyone was looking at me, smiles on their faces. Jenny and Louis began cheering and everyone except Charlie joined in. I looked at Charlie and she was smiling, but her eyes were red and her face was wet from tear stains. 

"That was beautiful," she whispered. 

I smiled vunerably before she got up and threw her arms around my neck, kissing me softly. I gladly returned it and we stayed there for a few moments as the others "ahhed" in chorus. Charlie pulled away and looked deeply into my eyes. 

"I will never let you go. Never again," she mumbled before pecking my lips once more. 

I smiled with delight and the room once again reunited with the silence. 

"Er, I don't mean to interrupt this beautiful moment," Louis commented. "But if your food is cold, don't blame it on us, you're the love birds who are too busy being smooshy while we're eating our delightful takeaway." 

We laughed before sat and resumed eating our food. I am so happy that I played her the song and I couldn't help but smile for the rest of the night.