Chapter Twenty

CHARLIE'S POV

Tonight was totally and utterly dramatic. I had no idea Tyrone could be so violent. He never striked me as that kind of guy. I feel like I have been used and that hurts. Not as much as the bruises on my body, though. He tried raping me but before he had the chance, Harry appeared from out of nowhere, followed by the rest of the lads. I don't know what they were doing there but I am so thankful that they were. I keep worrying what might of happened if they didn't show up. 

After the whole situation, Niall drove us all back to his place so they could keep an eye on me. It wouldn't have been fair to go back to my place because Jenny's probably asleep ready for work in the morning. I sat with a bag of frozen peas on my bruises. Typical Niall had no bags of ice but plenty of frozen food. I sat on the sofa as I tried to relax after being in such shock for so long. 

"Are you okay to sleep on the sofa tonight, Charls?" Asked Niall as he walked in. 

"Yeah, no problem," I tried to smile but ended up wincing in pain as I tried to move. 

"I'd offer you the spare room but, er, it's not really much and the boys are sleeping on the floor in there in sleeping bags so it's not exactly the comfiest."

"It's fine, no worries."

"Okay, well,If you need anything, just shout, I'll go find you some blankets and pillows," he smiled before walking back out.

I sighed as I tried to make myself comfortable.

Harry popped his head through the doorway.

"I'm going to bed now, see you in the morning?"

"Hazz, wait."

He walked into the room and stood in front of me.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Everything," I sighed.

Harry sat down beside me.  

"It's my fault, Charlie, not yours."

"No, it's mine, too. I was being pathetic."

Silence fell. 

"I miss you, Charlie," Harry turned towards me. "I miss how we used to be. We got on so well and had such a laugh together." 

"I miss you, too." 

"I still like you..."

"But you were the one that played the games, Harry, not me."

"I know , I know, but it wasn't intentional, Charls. I really do like you, it's just... I've not had a proper girlfriend since being in the band and it's hard to handle the press and everything. It's just not that easy." 

"But it doesn't have to be hard, Hazz. If you're dating someone, you're dating someone. Look at Louis and Eleanor. Liam and Danielle. Zayn and Perrie. They're coping. I know it's hard, but how do you expect to find love if you don't try?" 

He didn't reply. Instead he just smiled.

"What?"

"You sound so much like Zayn," the smile didn't remove from his face.

I went to lean in to kiss him but began to wince in pain once more.

"Are you okay?"

"Not really. I'm still in pain,"

"Come here," he gently pulled me down to his chest which I used as a pillow and wrapped his arms around me.

I felt safe in his arms. I felt safe with him. I love him and I never stopped loving him.