Chapter Fifteen

CHARLIE'S POV

"Run, Scarlett!" Jenny yelled.

"I'm trying to!" I yelled back.

I fought through the crowds with all my might and exited the store. My face was plastered over every gossip magazine you could imagine and soon people recognised who I was and began mobbing both me and Jenny. I was a few feet ahead of her and just made it to my car. I unlocked it quickly and jumped in.

"Come on, Jenny! Hurry!" I called.

Jenny elbowed her way through the crowds and jumped in the back of the car. She didn't even have time to get in the front.

"DRIVE!" she screetched.

I quickly started the car and floored it. I drove as fast as I possibly could.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked with panic in my voice.

"Well, put it this way. You got papped with Harry and now everyone thinks your his girlfriend." Jenny replied somewhat calmly.

Being in crazed crowds unexpectedly gave me anxiety. I didn't like that one bit. Looking through my rear mirrors, I could still see the crowds but the more I drove, the less of them I could see. I exhaled with relief to have escaped but the thoughts replayed throughout my mind. What if I didn't get into my car? Would I have been mobbed until I was severely injured? It's not like I even had any security guards there.

**

We finally arrived back at the flat, minus anything we intended buying. Perfect. Thank God for online shopping or this house would be starving. Jenny had left for work and it was just me, myself and I. I knocked the TV on ready to watch the soaps when a familiar face popped up on the screen.

"In other news today, teen heartthrob, Harry Styles, has clearly corrupted his clean reputation as he lashes out on the paparazzi today in London."

The TV showed a video of Harry looking rather scary as he pushes some guy's camera onto the floor and it breaks before yelling at him and storming off. What the hell was this? This wasn't the Harry I had been led to know. I logged onto my laptop and stills from the video were plastered over the Yahoo homepage and a link to an interview with the paparazzi whose camera he had destroyed.

"I was only asking for a few photos with Harry because obviously, he's a very famous person right now, but he was having none of it. He just lashed out on me. I was rather intimidated as I thought he was going to hurt me, but he just stormed off. I was lucky, but who knows what he will do to the next person who tries and gets a photo of him?"

I felt weird. It was a horrible, weird feeling and I didn't like it. This wasn't anything like Harry. Not the Harry I knew.

HARRY'S POV

I finally arrived to the flat. I was still really wound up after today's events. I opened the door and closed it slightly harder than expected to. I headed straight into my room and threw my shoes off before getting changed out of my skinny jeans and shirt into something comfier. I re-entered the living room once more.

"Harry? Are you okay?" Charlie asked.

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure? I mean-"

"I said I'm fine." I snapped.

"What the hell? You don't need to take it out on me, you know."

"Well, sorry, but I haven't had the easiest of days, you know." My words came out quite harshly.

"Well, you know what? Neither have I!"

"I've had the fucking scumbags known as the paparazzi after me today, snapping at me and making me look like a monster, so sorry if I'm not Mr Happy today."

"You need to stop this. What is wrong with you? You're not the only one who has had a bad day, Harry, because you know what? I've been mobbed by your fans because of the meal you took me on was papped and now people think I'm your girlfriend! I had people coming left, right and centre at me and it wasn't nice. I had no idea what to expect. How do you think I feel, seeing my life plastered all over the front cover of magazines? Yesterday I was a normal nobody but today I'm now 'Harry Styles' bit on the side'. I had people calling me a slut and insulting me. It was humiliating. So, Mr Bigshot, you're not the only one with problems, because normal people have them too, not just famous people like yourself!"

Charlie got up and began to storm into her room. Shit. What had I done?

"Charlie, wait, no-" I jumped up from the sofa and ran across the room

"Save it, Harry, I don't want to hear it."

"Charlie, COME BACK." I grabbed her arm.

"Or what? You'll hurt me, too?" She spun around and looked me in the eyes. "Go on, then. Do it. I'm already hurtng enough from today."

"I can't do that-"

"Oh, why not? Can't hit a girl? Sexist, are we?"

"No, I-"

"I can't believe you, I thought you were someone else, Harry."

"I can'-"

"I even treated you like a normal person. Fuck, I was wrong. And now you're being sexi-"

"I CAN'T BECAUSE I LOVE YOU."

"And I- Wait wha-?"

Before she could finish her sentence, I grabbed her face with both my hands and forced myself forward until my lips met hers. I stayed there for a few moments before pulling away.

"I love you." I whispered.