Chapter Nine

**Harry's POV**

I sat in the corridor of the hospital, waiting with anticipation. Charlie was in the next room and her body seemed so lifeless. The flashbacks of the ambulance replayed in my head. She had an oxygen mask strapped to her face and when they opened her eyes to look at them, her normal sparkle wasn't there. It was at that point I thought she was dead, but thankfully the paramedic reassured me that her breathing was fine. 

"Harry! What happened?" a voice called.

I looked up to see Liam, Louis, Zayn and Niall running towards me down the corridor. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked, slightly shocked. I didn't expect them to all abandon the biggest music awards in Britain to come here. It would be wrong of me to urge them to do so.

"You honestly thought we were going to just let you go off and worry on your own about Charlie?" Louis asked rhetorically. 

"We were worried, too," added Niall. "She's our sister as well, you know."

They all took a seat around me. It was somewhat reassuring to have the boys around me.

"What do you know?" asked Zayn.

"Honestly? The only thing I know is that she's alive."

"What, so nobody has told you anything?"

I shook my head as I looked down into my lap.

"That's it," said Louis as he stood up. "I'm going to get some answers."

With that, he headed off to reception.

"So, how did you guys get here?" I asked. I wasn't that interested, but I needed to make some conversation to stop me worrying.

"Olly gave us a lift," Liam stated.

"What, so he's here, too?"

"Yeah, parking the car right now. He dropped us off at the drop off point and went to find a space."

"He abandoned the Brits, too?"

"Well, yeah. He cares. We told him that Charlie's a fan. To be honest, I'm surprised she didn't fan girl about being in the same room as him."

"How did you know she's a fan?"

"Uh, haven't you noticed the big-ass poster of him in her bedroom?"

"Not to mention her ringtone is Troublemaker," added Zayn.

 How come I had never noticed this before? Maybe I do love her, because I was too busy to take noti- shut up, Harry, don't be so stupid. Moments later, Louis returned with Jenny.

"Well?" I asked with concern as I stood up.

"They think she's going to wake up soon," Louis replied.

"Can we go see her?"

"Yeah, I told the doctors that you guys were family... and I kind of mentioned who you were so they might be a bit more flexable with you. They agreed you could all come in the room, but if she started to freak out, you have to wait at the back of the room." explained Jenny.

"You three go in with Jenny, Zayn and I will wait here for Olly," Niall instructed. 

We agreed and Liam, Louis and I followed Jenny into the room where Charlie was resting. 

**Charlie's POV**

"Do you think Charlie can hear us?" 

Of course I can hear. I'm not deaf.