Chapter Ten

**Harry's POV**

Silence. Total and utter silence. That's all there is around me right now as I lay awake in bed. The clock boldy states 4:30AM and I really should be sleeping, but I can't. Had things got so bad with Charlie that she has decided to starve herself? Why didn't she talk to me about it? Or any of us? I know what has happened with her mother was a sensitive subject, but still. She knows she can trust us. I have to be honest, I really can't sleep. I don't think it's because I like her, but because of the fact that I'm worried. If she hasn't told us about not eating, what else hasn't she told us about? 

I was unable to sleep, so I headed out to the kitchen to get some milk only to be slightly surprised to what I found. Charlie was sitting on the sofa, wrapped in a blanket watching the TV on a low volume. She looked like she had been crying. I took a seat beside her but she barely moved. 

"Charls?" 

Her head turned slowly to me.

"Yeah?" 

"Do you want to talk?"

"Not really, but I think I need to..." Her voice was barely a whisper. 

What happened? The Charlie I know normally had a gleam in her eyes and a smile on her face. This one didn't.

 "It's getting to me, Harry." 

"What is?" 

"Everything with my parents. My dad... he used to be someone I could really trust. Clearly can't now, can I? I mean, I never ever thought he'd do that. He seemed like such a loyal husband... and then there's my mother... I know we weren't close, but seriously? Drug abuse? And I bet it's my fault for leaving. I feel like I haven't got anyone anymore."

Her eyes began to fill up with tears, but she was trying her hardest to fight back. It felt like I had been punched in my stomach. She didn't deserve this. Nobody does. But especially Charlie. 

I began to hug her as her tears finally escaped her eyes. 

"Don't cry, Charlie. Please don't cry," I whispered. 

"I can't help it, I'm sorry." 

My t-shirt began to dampen with her tears. She looked up at me with her teary eyes. It was as if she was looking for some sort of hope. 

"Don't you ever say you haven't got anyone because you have. You have me and you have the boys. Not forgetting Jenny. We love you so fucking much, Charlie. We really do." 

"Thanks," she sniffed.

"I'm being serious. We're your family. Family doesn't have to be biological. They just have to love you, like I-we do."

Jesus, Harry, you almost slipped up. Idiot. I was mentally face palming myself.

"We'll be here for you no matter what, Charlie and that's a promise. We'll look after you and we will be with you every step of the way because you are family, Charlie. No matter how bad things get, we'll always be here." 

"You have no idea how much you guys mean to me," she whispered before nuzzling her head into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her. The most precious creature in the world was in my arms. It felt like I never ever wanted to let go.