|3|

Little Cat Fight
|3|

»— ⊷ ☩ ⊶ —«

I finally made it down from the fifth floor, which was a better experience than walking up stairs. Students were seated at tables eating lunch when I entered the cafeteria.

I grab a plastic tray and join the group of teenagers standing in line to get some lunch.

"Hey pretty lady! You look distracted— happy and.. confused?" Arriane jumped next to me. Do I? I exchanged my looks into amused.

She asked teasingly "Where's your boyfriend?"

"What?" I knitted my brows in puzzled.

"The one and only Cam!" She sings and patted my back. I looked around the room if anyone heard that, that would be so embarrassing, when I don't know who that guy is— yet. I grunted softly and widened my eyes at her in saying why-are-you-trying-to-embarrass-me? Yeah, after leaving me behind the classroom.

"Are we just gonna pretend that you didn't leave me in the classroom and forgot to guide me the way to dormitories?" I scoffed little and I know I kind of sounded bossy but it was the truth. Arriane's mouth curled into a smirk.

"I— just had to deal something but thought someone else would take care of that? Someone like the guy who loves blue pens?"

I felt myself blushed then I rolled my eyes "Right... that— weird guy."

Arriane's mouth quirked up and sniggered "The most weirdest of all." She fanned herself with her hand like she was referring him the hottest guy.

I couldn't hold my laugh but I just grinned faintly and shook my head. Arriane waved her hand with her teeth gritted in guilt "Are you mad? Ugh, I'm sorry I left you on purpose."

"I'm not mad.— but why on purpose?" I said while I watched the kitchen staff served a meatloaf and mashed potato as my lunch.

"I um... don't know... I just thought it could be fun to meet the others."

"I just only met one, one of the others." I turned my head back at her with my eyes narrowed.

She smirked and cocked her head to the side as she saw a girl walking over to the line. "Well, meet my friend Luce!"

The girl stood behind me while she took the plastic tray, she raised a brow at Arriane.

Arriane gave a crooked smile "Hey Luce!"

"Hi." She smiled softly.

Arriane looked at me and back at her, the girl glanced at me. "Forgot to introduce you—here is (Y/n)!"

I gave a tiny smile and raised my hand little to wave at her and Arriane continued "The girl next door, the girl who lived—."  she said with her eyes flashed like telling a legend story. Luce looked over at me with an amused-smile while Arriane kept going "-the dangerous woman, the chosen one, the new student who missed her first day of school!—ok—um-that's a too much info, I apologize!" Arriane said in excitement with her light doe eyes widened.

I gave a slight grimly look from her crazy theories or information she made about me "I appreciate the effort" I smirked softly.

I nodded and said, "I'm (y/n) (l/n), good to meet another one of the others on my first day." turning to Luce while I smiled sarcastically at Arriane.

Luce chuckled softly and smiled faintly "Nice to meet you too, my name's Lucinda Price but I prefer Luce."

I knitted my brows and said, "Lucinda... such a pretty and familiar name." Strangely, when I heard her name, I felt as though I had met someone I both hate and love. It is a really lovely name, but it made me feel as though the name has a nostalgic connection to me. I have no idea why. I instantly experience a strange tension between the positive and negative aspects of my thoughts for that name.