|6|

Blueberries & Cigarettes
|6|

»— ⊷ ☩ ⊶ —«

"Hello?" I bent down and peered over behind the warrior angel statue, I squinted my eyes to see clearly and I saw someone, that look nothing a like statue from every roof of this castle.

It was— him.

Just sitting down, chilling, leaning over the warrior statue, and drinking his cup of coffee.

"Oh, hi." Cam's green eyes widened as acted surprised to see me. "What you doing here?" It's so annoying to see him with that sarcasm.

How-
I blinked in confusion. Okay, did he get up here first before I did? How did he get up here so fast? And not to assume but if he was following me then— what does he want? And why?

"I was about to ask the same thing?"

He was softly smirking, "Wait, are you following me?" he asked as he was taking a bite of his croissant. As soon as I got a glimpse of his lunch, especially that coffee drink, my stomach began to tremble from hunger.

"Following you? No." I heard myself scoff as I irritably shook my head. Why did I sound so defensive about this? "But, are you?"

"How adorable of you to assume I followed you when this roof has always been my place to chill ever since I got here— first."

"Okay, how did you even get up here?" I asked since I didn't see him walked out that door in my sight.

"Oh, there's a shortcut."

I looked around and shrugged my left shoulder with my lips pouted. "A shortcut? What- did you fly or something? I don't see any shortcut here." Okay but what if there's a secret passage door here somewhere although this is castle after all? Is there even one?

He smiled, bit his bottom lip in amusement, nodded, "Hmm— Maybe? cause it was easy to get my way here than running up the stairs like you did," and he pointed to the door that I went through.

"Sure." I looked away and firmly bit my Hershey's chocolate bar, and I could still smell the coffee he was drinking from his cup, which made me immediately crave a cup of coffee.

"Look, I don't really mind if you were following me—"

"Whatever pleases you, just keep dreaming." I scoffed.

Cam smiled amusedly, got to his feet, and spun around the warrior angel between us. He sat down and set the paper bag and tumbler down next to me. "Care for a coffee?"

I wanted to ignore him as I raised my knees up and focused on my empty page of my journal over my thighs. "I think your stomach needs a fill." Cam said as he pulled out an another cup for coffee and poured the drink from his tumbler, grabbed a freshly wrapped croissant from the paper bag, and went little closer before handing it to me.

I heard myself groan before I looked up at the food and said, "I know, you don't need to remind me." since I couldn't hold my hunger any longer, I had an urge to take his offer.

He teasingly said, "Skipping meals is bad," and downed some of his coffee. He added, "Oh, it's all good and clean, don't worry."