|7|

Invisible Necklace
|7|

»— ⊷ ☩ ⊶ —«

The soccer tryouts are taking place on the field where Augustine's building is located, and I have finally arrived there. I watched the training and popped two blueberries into my mouth while resting my right arm against the tree.

I could see Gabbe and the others warming up from a fair distance away. Thoughts of whether or not to join crossed my mind as I chewed the bottom of my lip. A soccer ball knocked the box of blueberries as I was about to close it, causing everything to fall to the ground.

"What the hell?" I grunted irritably, and bent down to pick up the box and the pieces of each blueberry.

I looked up and saw Daniel swiftly approaching me with his eyes widened in shock and his lip tightened in embarrassment "I'm sorry!"

While the others were laughing, I noticed Tony and David reacting. Tony was covering his mouth with his hand in shock, and David chuckled and pushed Tony's arm, saying, "Now, you got her attention, dickhead."

Daniel said "I'm really sorry, Tony didn't mean to throw you that." and I furrowed my brows as I picked up their soccer ball next to me. I stood up and hurled the ball at Daniel, and he caught it easily.

"Yeah? How did you know that? Or maybe your teammate is just a dickhead," I mumbled angrily as I bent down again to pick up the blueberries. I can't believe I feel so upset over a simple thing, I know it was just blueberries but it's not because Cam offered it to me but it was also my favorite snack.

Daniel scratched his head before he bent down and picked up almost everything and put it in the box. Great, I am not eating all of this by the way.

I heard Tony say, "Sorry! I didn't see you there!—" when Daniel threw the ball back to him, I looked up, saw Tony shrugged after he caught the ball and continue, "I mean, this is a soccer tryout, you girl not supposed to be here."

Okay, we have to stop there before we get to another terribly sexist topic. Even Gabbe, who was stretching her right leg, looked up and glared at him.

I was intentionally staring at Tony when I walked over to the bench nearby, set my bag down, grabbed the edge of my tank top, pulled it to tie a knot, and smiled sarcastically as I was holding my hair up to tie it. Oh, you think I'm not part of this tryout? Yes, I am signing up for this out of boredom (and comfort zone).

"Excuse me, she is part of this training," Gabbe said as she passed the field and looked at the boys' team. She asked me, "Aren't you?" with a soft smirk on her face, expressing her admiration for how I was putting myself together.

I gave my head a nod in effort "Sorry, I'm late—" And as I finished tying my hair, I approached Gabbe and added "But I'm here now."

Gabbe smiled and turned to face Tony, saying, "Actually, you're just in time. Unlike the ones who're late of catching a simple ball."

I scrunched my nose, held my hips, cocked my head to the side, and said fiercely, "Yeah, imagine if they're men though they should be ashamed." turning my head away from Tony.

"Honey, not men but a little boy when I see one."

I resisted a chuckle when Gabbe grinned excitedly as I said, "Exactly, you see my point."