|28|

Truth And Time Tells All
|28|

»— ⊷ ☩ ⊶ —«

Cam doesn't speak during the long drive too. The way this doesn't even feel awkward, but rather just the silence of dealing with our own troubles in our heads.

I looked at Cam, who was seriously driving off the road, and I realized I wasn't tipsy anymore. I'm curious what he's thinking about. Yeah, he was probably thinking about the drunk helpless girl in his car who he had to drive miles away for just to return her to the reform school. But why would he do something like that? It felt like we'd been together for years, and he's so used to me being this mess?

I took a deep breath and returned my gaze, Cam couldn't give me a quick glance. Is he annoyed or pissed? But wait a minute—why would he be? He can't act this way toward me when he's the one who constantly gives me mixed signals.

I huffed angrily as I removed this leather jacket from me, hating it for being heavy and making me hot, and especially for where it came from, the one who owns it, as if it owned me. Cam noticed me and finally looked back at me as I struggled to remove his leather jacket due to my sudden rage for unknown reasons.

He gave me another look, taken aback by my revealing short dress more than by the two bandaids on my small wound on my arm.

Something reminded me of Lockhart's sketch in the pocket, so I took it out before tossing his jacket into the backseat, and Cam glanced at the paper while I kept my stern stare on him.

We could see the back of the Sword & Cross' castle nearing, and I panicked because I didn't want to return to that prison school. "Stop the car," I said firmly.

Cam clenched his jaw and kept going, knowing that in one more turn, we'd arrive at the castle, but I wasn't ready to return to that hellhole.

"I said stop the fucking car," I said coldly, annoyed at how he was ignoring me.

Cam came to a halt beside the road near a cliff, massaging his temple with his knuckle. "What now?" he asked.

I arched my brow, and he looked up and met my gaze, moodily staring at me.

I just gave him a stern look as if to say 'We have to talk'. I jerked out of the car and purposefully shut the door toughly behind me. I started hyperventilating for no apparent reason as I walked towards the cliff.

I couldn't get those random noises out of my head as soon as I remembered my feelings with this sketch in my hand, and I remember the feeling of how I made this sketch even though it was made by Lockhart, but no, I know I was the one who made this sketch because it was the same one in my journal.

Shit, these thoughts in my head keep digging deeper and deeper, and they're driving me insane if I don't get them out now.

Cam followed me as I heard him shut his door and the scuffle of his feet beneath the grass becoming louder, just as my heart inside my chest began to beat faster and louder, to the point where I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs.

I looked up, over my shoulder, and saw the back of the castle between the trees, we're so close, and going back there makes me anxious. I grimaced and shook my head as I continued walking down the cliff.