|25|

Funeral & Confession
|25|

»— ⊷ ☩ ⊶ —«

"You were sleep walking, (Y/n)," Arriane cupped my cheek, pulling my gaze away from the fire, "Hey, breathe, take a deep breath. Are you all right? "

I followed her lead, taking deep breaths—and rasping slightly as I exhaled before Arriane took her hand away from my face. "I, I don't know. But I've never had a sleep walk before, and, and—, it felt like I was possessed or something. Is that how sleep walks work?"

"Unfortunately... yeah, I guess so," Arriane averted her eyes, seemed confused in her own response.

Then I heard someone in the crowd from the entranceway say, "Someone saw (Y/n) standing in front of the building when it happened," a girl said to her friend, who gasped, and they gave me judge looks.

"What are you looking at?" snarled Arriane.

"Arriane, what's going on?" I gulped uncomfortably as people stared at me.

Randy yelled from the main hall, "Everyone go back to your dorms right now!"

While Randy led everyone back to the stairs, Gabbe ran towards us, catching her breath as she grabbed Arriane's arm and exclaimed, "Luce is in the infirmary!"

"Oh no, is she okay?" Arriane's eyes dilated in shock.

Gabbe glanced at the building on fire from outside the window, "Luce got out, she and Penn got out the building."

What, they were in the library? Oh my god, did I cause this? Am I really that cursed? My heart heaved with panic. Arriane and I immediately ran, followed Gabbe into the next hall, heading our way to the infirmary.

We ran through the corridors, and we saw Penn standing next to a door where Luce was confined, looking rough and dirty, she was anxiously biting her nails, and she looked up as she saw us approaching. "Penn!" I yelled.

"Luce, she— she's resting now,— she'll be fine," Penn said, her anxiety attacking her and tears streaming down her cheeks.

"What happened?" Arriane gulped as we three came to a halt. Gabbe opened the door and we saw Luce lying motionless on the bed, and Daniel just walked out the room without looking at us, leaving us with puzzled expressions.

"Penn, are you okay?" I asked, carefully reaching for her arm to comfort her.

Penn looked up at me, her eyes red and glittering from tears, crying, "Todd didn't make out-" and my heart twisted as Penn wrapped her arms around me. I gently patted her back, "I'm so sorry, Penn." I couldn't take her cries, it was so heavy that it affected me that I started crying as well while I had flashbacks of the incident at the party.

"He didn't make out, Todd,-"

"Penn, I'm sorry," I said, heartbroken over Todd's death in the fire. I didn't know what else to say but kept apologizing, my heart twisting from the way Penn cries with her body shaking.

Penn let me go, sniffling and wiping her nose, eyes, and nose, "Luce, she tried to save him but couldn't, the fire grew bigger and faster, and I—,"

"I'm so sorry about Todd, Penn. He didn't deserve it, I know." I wiped her cheeks and hugged her again, her arms tightened around me for comfort.