|27|

Birthday Surprise
|27|

»— ⊷ ☩ ⊶ —«

After what I'd been through, this party actually made my night, I missed the feeling of freedom and being able to do whatever you want or be whoever you want at parties after tasting the tequila several times and feeling like a different person. Dancing confidently with my friend Rexha to amazing beats like Dua Lipa's One Kiss (R3HAB Remix) and Yellow Claw's Till It Hurts that made us hyperventilate, as well as poison drinks that made us feel shit if we stopped swaying our bodies, so we kept having fun and just getting wild and having a good time for my birthday.

As we returned to our table, I finished half of my cola whiskey drink before having to tell Rexha that I needed to use the restroom again, she didn't accompany me this time because she suddenly began making out with Dylan.

"Um, I'll be right back," I told Stephen instead, and he then followed me across the crowded dance floor. He grasped my hand, which made me fidget a little from his unexpected touch, and I turned to face him.

"Wait, where are you going?!" he asked, his face flushed as he noticed his friends making out behind him.

"Restroom!"

"Oh, do you want me to lead you there?" he said, leaning his face closer so I could hear him better.

I took his hand off mine while sarcastically beamed and shook my head, "I can handle myself," and then I continued on my way to the restroom while Stephen kept an eye on me.

I let out the liquid from my body for a third or fourth time, which made me feel even more woozy, every time. It sucks, but at least I was having fun at this party because I knew I wouldn't be able to celebrate my 18th birthday normally after everything that had happened to me until I stepped inside the Sword & Cross Academy.

I flushed the toilet and dashed to the sink with the other girls who had just exited the stalls. I washed my hands before fixing my hair, then took tissue papers and wiped my cold sweats on my neck and shoulder as I slid the sleeve lower until it was just above the bandaids.

"I love your crown!— wait, is it your birthday?" squealed a girl beside me, startling me slightly.

"Yeah," I said with a nod and a chuckle.

Her friend approached her, noticed me, and exclaimed in delight, "You're so pretty!" as she looked in the mirror at my reflection, she held up a finger and pulled out a red lipstick, and I knew what she was going to do. "Oh my god, this matches your dress, come here."

"Oh, no, I'm good," I chuckled nervously, flinging the tissue paper into the trash can under the sink.

I was good with my natural lip color but realized I saw myself in the mirror again that my lipstick had faded out from drinking, but the girl was too ignorantly supportive that she pleaded with me that I had to say "Fine."

She smiled cheerfully as she assisted me in applying lipstick, holding my chin up, while her friend watched. "Where did you get the dress?" she asks.

I tried to response but I waited for her friend to finish painting my lips red first, "My friend gave it to me."

"Oh, well, you look fucking sexy, so kudos to your friend!" she exclaims, her eyes widening in awe. "But you should take off that jacket," she said as she examined me in the mirror.