|19|

Are You Mine?
|19|

»— ⊷ ☩ ⊶ —«

"Look, I finished my draft!" Seth holding his paper up to my face while I was busy doodling. I faced him, closed my sketch journal, and placed it on my thighs as I grabbed his paper, and he had a long ass one paragraph that I couldn't understand from the way he wrote his words.

"Are you serious? It needs three paragraphs, not a long straight one big paragraph." I said as I slid the draft back to Seth, who snickered behind his fist.

"You're so cute when you're stressed out." Seth commented with a crooked smile.

"I'm not stressed." I said, my voice frustrated.

"You certainly aren't."

"How can I be sooo stressed out that I'm here being a helpful good student for the sake of my new classmate, hm?" A sarcastic grin appeared on my face. I'm literally keeping my cool, this is wonderful because it's not like I'm going to be late for soccer practice. Ugh, it had been nearly a week of assisting Seth with his late essays, but anyway, I think we are nearly finished following up on his missing important school works, so.

"Aw, but— I was just kidding, this is my actual draft, not that one." Seth crumpled the fake one and handed me his other piece of paper.

When I grabbed Seth's paper and began to scrutinize every word, I wasn't aware he moved closer, making his chair squeak on the marble floor, and then wrapped his arm around the back of my chair, all the while watching me and his paper. When his broad chest gently hit my shoulder, I was taken aback by his proximity. I frowned and cast a quick glance over my shoulder, Seth was just smiling and looking at his paper, and when he cast a glance into the distance as he lifted his head slightly, I caught his gaze over someone's presence. I followed where he looked, lowered the paper, and saw Cam from a few feet away, three tall bookcases in front of me and Seth. Cam was standing next to a monitor with his bag pack on his right shoulder, chatting with Luce, and I noticed him smiling and teasing her as I heard a small laugh.

"So! What do you think?" Seth asked loudly, as if he wanted the strict old librarian's attention from the other room.

Cam's smile slightly lessen as a result of Seth's loud voice, which caused him to cast a glance over our place. I wondered what he was thinking seeing Seth and I at the table together. Is it a mutual feeling, as I see him and Luce together right now? Seth took my hand in his and lifted the paper slightly to block my view of Cam. "How's my writing?" Seth asked again, his face an inch away from mine, and he cast another glance over at Cam.

"It's pretty shit." I said with no hesitation and loudly until I get shushed by the old librarian.

Seth arched his brow, rested his temple on his fist, and leaned back, giving me a look, "Whoa, which part?" He averted his gaze, amused by my opinion.

"I meant your writing style and I couldn't understand the other words." I chuckled as I set the paper down.

"My writing is cursive." Seth quipped, offended.

"I know, but why do you write in such a rush?"

"Maybe because I just wanted to spend my time with you, only you." He said with his eyes-lidded as he gazed at me. Oh, he's got to be joking. Then Seth laughed at my exchanged look and added, "I'm just messing with you, (Y/n)."