|18|

A Nightmare To Remember
|18|

»— ⊷ ☩ ⊶ —«

As I drifted my eyes open, I heard water plastering over the stones next to me, my vision was hazy when I looked around the place, so dark and yet so glimmering from the moonlight upon the river shining over places. I sat up straight and saw myself sleeping somewhere on a mountain, a beautiful peaceful place with forests, a bonfire, and a hut next to a river, the stars above were so bright and glittering, but they didn't seem genuine. What am I doing here? I rose to my feet and began to follow the path of stars from above, mystified once I raised my hand over the sky and examined every shape of star, they were all the same, and suddenly I saw an invisible wall, a shining transparent wall, I hit it with my palm, it felt like glass.

I feel like I'm in the corner of this place or—a room? I started panicking for no reason, but I just felt unsafe, I tapped the transparent wall with a background of dark sky and stars with both of my hands, tapped again, and hit it with my clenched fist as I began to feel suffocating.

Why do I feel like I'm locked up?

Where the hell am I?

Is this a dream? This is, indeed, a nightmare.

Am I in hell?

Yes, this is hell.

I know it sounded terrifying, but it just felt that way. I suddenly felt unsafe and uncomfortable in my surroundings, despite the fact that it strangely appeared to be a home to me as well, it was confusing me.

I seen myself trapped inside a crystal globe-shaped cell. This is a fake world. This isn't real, and neither is this dream, it's all a dream.

When I looked behind me, I noticed a swarm of shadows approaching. No no. Little lightnings sparking through some parts of the shadows, eerie noises whispering behind my ears and making my spine shiver.

I returned my gaze to the transparent wall and began thumping on it, I couldn't breathe, I felt an invisible knot wrapping around my neck like a leash, tears streaming down my cheeks. "Let me out of here!" I exclaimed as I caught my breath, a panic attack coursing through me as I slammed my fists against the wall.

As I continued slamming the transparent wall, a crack appeared, clinking, a thin root line showing beneath my fists, then someone's face appeared in the cracked reflection, it looks different this time, it's not the woman with bat wings but a shadow forming into someone face, it looked like a man, it was creepy, I couldn't see it clearly but I was certain I saw a face in a one second, then the cracking wall suddenly explodes, and shards of glass flew everywhere, causing me to close my eyes and cover my face with my arms as the shadows absorb the the whole of my body.

I opened my eyes, a small gasp escaped from my mouth, and saw myself back in my dorm, with birds chirping outside the window. I finally wake up from a nightmare, a strange nightmare I've never had before. What was going on?

I began to wonder if I was in danger. God, I hope not, even though it felt so real. It was just a dream, just a nightmare.

I took a shower after our morning soccer practice, and as I exited the locker room and approached the swimming pool area, my eyes were fixed on my boot, and I almost stepped on the splattered water as the pool was occupied with swimmers, when I heard someone call my name and "Hey, (Y/n)!" His voice merely echoed the Augustine.