|23|

A Second Chance
|23|

»— ⊷ ☩ ⊶ —«

Cam and I parked across the street from Mia's house, I hopped off the motorcycle, removed my helmet, and stared at her house, which was flashing with party lights throughout the windows, party curtains hanging everywhere, and people drinking and playing beer pong outside while BlocBoy JB featuring Drake's Look Alive was blasting through the speakers. Is she throwing a party in her house?

"She's throwing a party?" Cam asked, reflecting my reaction.

"Yeah, this is a bad idea."  I said as I turned to face Cam.

"Wait, you needed to talk to her, remember?" Cam reassured me as he placed his hand on my arm.

"Yeah, I changed my mind." I grabbed Cam's helmet.

Cam helped me unclip the strap from the helmet, "Alright."

"Are you fucking kidding me? (Y/n) is that you?" Hearing that familiar voice from behind me made me almost freeze. I looked over my shoulder and saw Jerry's group approaching us, holding a Corona bottle drink and boasting. Michael, the guy I had regrettably dated since ninth grade, called my name.

Michael looked at me first, smugly smiling, before shifting his gaze to Cam, giving him an up and down look and saying, "I see your taste is pretty low now."

Cam simply reacted with amusement, arching his brow and cocking his head to the side, and he mimicked Michael by gazing up and down as well, he replied, "Speak for yourself and your Corona." Michael's group scoffed at his comeback. Michael turned to face me with a questioned look of— Really? You and this guy?

"Nah, I've noticed that after seeing you, Mikee." I sneered, a grimace on my face. Michael's group chuckled as I responded. You know, in reality, as soon Michael tried to stand next to Cam, you will see how he reveal himself to be a pussy. Please, I just remembered Seth talking about Cam punching him, and I was still stunned. I also feel bad for Seth though, and I'm curious how that happened.

"Oh, I missed you calling me that name." Michael smirked slyly, casting a glance at Cam to check his reaction, but Cam's stoic expression remained, amused. I just grimaced, a little embarrassed, and shook my head in response, yeah, I'm not wasting my time here and he needed to get out of my face. Michael laughed harshly, and saying "Wait, did Mia invite you? Or are you here to set her house on fire and kill one of us again?" pointing me with his drink.

"Freak." sniggered one of the guys behind Michael.

"(Y/n) didn't kill anyone." Cam stated outrightly, taking a step forward as I predicted and having to stop his approach to Michael when I grabbed his wrist, "I'm actually here to talk to Mia." I asserted, and squeezing Cam's wrist to keep him calm, because we can't both be frustrated here and make a scene over this one stupid guy.

"(Y/n)!" I heard my friend, the one I used to call every weekend in Sword & Cross. Sherry was approaching us. "Hey, fuck off you guys, you're ruining the party, she's innocent, the court already declared that." she said as she pushed Michael and his group away from us. Yeah, innocent by setting fire to Jerry's house without remembering anything.

Michael clenched his jaw, staring at Cam and saying, "Careful! She bites!" while holding a bottle of his drink up to him, "Wooh hoo!" his group mockingly cheered and snickered when one of them made a childish sex moan "Aw, Mikee."

What the fuck? I stormed out, my hands clenched in rage, but Cam grabbed my arm before I could attack Michael, but he was doing the same, his green eyes flaring up to him in disgust, which shocked me, Cam was about to attack when Michael gave me a malicious look. "Cam!" I grabbed Cam's arm, made him to stop throw his hands to the unworthy vile piece of shit I called my ex.