|15|

Ignorance Is Bliss
|15|

»— ⊷ ☩ ⊶ —«

I felt my feet cold, as if I were stepping on cold stones, and I could hear snake hisses and a growling from some creature echoing behind my ears. My breath had become heavy as everything around me was so dark, and all so quick of glimpsing randomly of visions in my head; a small white serpent with maroon eyes, a dark crimson hand with claws creeping towards me, a sunburst tattoo, and that gold feather from one of my dreams, falling in front of me again.

A small gasp came out from my mouth as my eyes drifted open. The ceiling of my dorm looks different and so is the atmosphere when I started smelling a scent of floral and mint.

My head ached, my vision was blur.
Is this my dorm?

I gently massaged my temples and rubbed my lids before my vision cleared and I noticed the ceiling, but this isn't my dorm. I looked to my side, and the window looked different as well, as it was formed long square, with veins of leaves encircled the corner, and then I saw an electric guitar with little speaker, amplifier, music discs which were mostly metal songs, and Sony headphone on the ground next to the bed.

I'm all alone. In this unknown room. I sat up slowly on the bed and noticed a folded piece of paper with my name written in cursive on it placed on the small speaker, I rubbed my eyes again before picking it up.

Suddenly, I noticed that I wear something comfortable that wasn't my party dress anymore, I looked down at the black blanket plastered on my body and I put it down, I saw myself wearing a baggy Slipknot band t-shirt that reached above my knee. Oh my god, what happened last night? Is there something that happened between me and this unknown person? I shook my head to clear my mind before opening the letter—

_____________

"Good morning,

You're in my dorm at 44 since you lost your key at the party before passing out on my chest, and before you react, don't worry, I did change your wet dress with my T-shirt with the light turned off.

I hope you enjoy your waffles and espresso!
Before you guess, I did steal them in the kitchen.

Loe, Cam.

P.S. I retrieved your lost dorm key."

_____________

The way he wrote the word love appeared iffy, with the letter v looking uneven and smudged with a small drop of ink, it seemed to be a mistake, but he still wrote it anyway, and he finished the word. I lowered the paper and spotted the breakfast, or hangover breakfast, in the wooden tray with my dorm key gleaming at his desk and my red dress and jacket hanging on the chair in the corner of the room. "Huh." I looked around the room and realized it wasn't as dorm-like when the floor was marble tiled, there's an empty bookcase in the corner, a lamp, and three windows, two of which are on the next desk table. This dorm is much bigger than mine.

So, nothing happened? Okay, that's good news.— Unlike last night's party, I barely remember anything. All I could remember about was playing beer pong with Gabbe and Daniel. Dancing with Arriane and Rexha—and that dickhead who threw a drink at me, and.... Oh my god, I recall.... doing a— doing karaoke with Roland in front of everyone at the party?!