|24|

Unbeknownst Histories
|24|

»— ⊷ ☩ ⊶ —«

An empty hallway with only one white door exists in the end of a path. But, I must keep going.

I opened it and as stepped inside into the unknown, and yet, it's the same empty hallway with a door existed in the end of a path. I looked down at myself, I was wearing a pretty pastel green fashion dress from the 1810s and hearing a sound of classical regency music. I entered the next room, changed into a 12th-century outfit, and all I could hear were noises of horses, swords clinking, and medieval music.

The environment, outfit and noises kept changing in every next door I've entered until I stepped into this room—, I was barefoot again like from the start, my outfit changed into just a white long dress with dirt on the ends, while hearing crickets in the forests and waterfalls in a river.

This time, the new door in the distance wasn't white like the previous ones, but a red door in front of me.

It made me feel cautious, strange that something felt like I had to open this door, but I didn't know why I was hesitant to do so, while all I could hear was the noise of my beating heart, thumping deeply, in this empty hallway. My hand began to shake in fear of the unknown as I reached for the door, I paused as I felt I wasn't ready, I shut my eyes and goosebumps on the back of my neck before looking over my shoulder, the empty hallway had gone into a dark place with long stairs through the sky and I saw a silhouette figure of a monstrous tall man with horns and tail from above looking down at me and reaching his hand out to me.

"Wake up, my little one," his terrifying deep voice echoed behind my ears, and then a huge fire surfaced from beneath him, moving downwards straight towards me.

When the fire got to me, I felt my throat dry, my feet and up to my stomach burning, and my head aching. I let out a loud gasp before opening my eyes. I find myself outside the dormitories at night, facing the burning library, flames and smoke billowing through the sky.

What the hell is going on?
My eyes dilated in shock and horror as I wake up in the middle of the field in front of the burning building. How did I get here?

Did I just sleep walk?

"What the fuck?" I shifted my weight backwards away from the burning building, my eyes dilated in fear, I ran backwards even further and tripped, and someone suddenly grabbed my elbow, causing me to gasp and startle.

"(Y/n)?" Arriane exclaimed, surprised and perplexed.

I couldn't believe what was happening. I had a strange dream, and now I'm sleep walking? Is this normal? As I brushed my bed hair and looked around, my heart raced, the Sword & Cross' castle is dark and gloomy, and everyone must be sleeping at this hour.

"Arianne? What— what is going on?!" I clutched my bed hair as I stared up at the burning library, "The library is on fire! Oh my god!"

"Get back inside! It's not safe here!" She grabbed my arm and led me back to the other building where the dormitories were. "What were you doing out there?" she asked, shocked.

"I— I don't know. I just," I explained hysterically, so confused right now, my eyes couldn't take off the library, the flames were spreading so quickly, "Wait, are there any people in there?!"