|29|

A Souls Reunited
|29|

»— ⊷ ☩ ⊶ —«

Holy fucking shit.

I was surprised by it, seeing his wings behind his head illimunating, and Cam didn't even bother to notice my shocked expression from witnessing the mystifying thing behind him.

Cam furrowed his brows as he realized what I had just seen when my breath caught in my throat and I gulped.

He moved his head and looked to the side as he sensed the movement of his wings, which caused me to softly gasp. I then closed my eyes to see if I was hallucinating, but when I opened them, it was still there. I gaped in extreme shock.

"What?" I whisper to myself, my legs trembled as my heel slipping over the small pieces of stones, and stunned by his wings that suddenly moved downwards, tucking inside his back. Back into his skin.

Cam pulled me back to the ground and I was dumbfounded until I forgot I was on the edge of the cliff and took a step backwards, my heel accidentally slipping off the ground, and I screamed and fell down over the river. My back ached as the icy water pricked my skin.

My eyes were closed, recalling those strange dreams I had with an unknown guy with angel wings, as well as that gold feather swaying in front of me in one of my nightmares, and now, seeing Cam at this moment is making me feel even more insane, this is so fucking insane.

As I froze beneath the river, I heard a gentle splash above me and felt a light gleaming beneath my eyelids. Feeling a warm presence approaching, his hands found my waist and lifted me above the water.

I coughed and opened my eyes, returning my head back to the reality. And Cam shook his dark hair, removing hair strands from his eyes before staring down at me.

I coughed and coughed, gasping for breath. Cam drew me against his chest, my elbow over his shoulder as I struggled to lift myself up, he then placed his hand over underneath my thighs to prompt my weight and led me to the river's side corner.

The length of water lowered started from my chin to my chest while on Cam's shoulder and down to his abdomen. Now that I could feel the stones beneath my boots, he wiped my wet hair off my face, cupped my cheek, caressed it with his thumb, and gazed awestruckly into my eyes.

"(Y/n), are you all right?" he asks, his voice deep and breathy. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you," he apologized for his careless actions, but isn't it too late?

I wasn't scared, but rather shocked.

I looked behind him again before returning his gaze, and I no longer see his beautiful gold wings.

I was drunk at first, then sober, and now— I'm tripping? Am I?

I was still stunned when I returned my gaze to those deep green eyes that captivated me and enticed me to move closer, placing both of my hands on his broad shoulders to examine his eyes, lips, neck, and hair, and just about every detail of his body.

It feels like I'm reliving an old memory of him, with a lot of thoughts swirling in my head that I can't express or think what it is, but no, I know who he is, I know Cam Briel.

"What was that?" I ask shakily, perplexed, tilting my head to the side as I double-check his missing gold wings behind his back. Was that real? Cam moved my face, drawing my attention back to him as he cupped my cheek.