4

Jungkook pov

"Still glad you came to help me babysit, Jeon? Especially the last night before the semester starts?"

Dre laughed, no giggled, at me, probably because of the tiara I wore, the pink feather boa around my shoulders, and the pink lipstick that made me look like a frosted cupcake.

"Amused?" I grunted.

"Seeing Caveman J looking like the prettiest princess at the ball? This is quality entertainment."

"You should wear that look for our first day of class tomorrow. Make a lasting impression, you know."

"He is the prettiest princess at the ball," said Dre's little brother.

He stood in front of me, the same height standing as I was sitting down, peering into my face to inspect his handwork.

He had on his own tiara, boa, and makeup, but somehow his looked better, as always.

"Or at least, he will be once we get some eyeshadow on him."

I schooled my face into boredom bordering on annoyance, but the truth was, I didn't mind the kids.

Dre's eyes lit up. "Know who be great at this?"

I waved him off. "Already told you, Dante can't meet Killer. He's an evil villain and he'll turn Dante into his little henchman." Killian, or "Killer",

As I called him, was my little brother and he was too fabulous and sassy for his own good.

"Dre! We're out of rice again!"

That was Dre's brother Terrence, just barely a teenager, calling from the kitchen.

Dre swore under his breath. "Hold it down while I run to the store?" He asked me, eyebrows raised.

I turned the corners of my mouth and nodded thoughtfully.

My way of saying, "Sure, why not?"

"Thanks, man." He clapped a hand on my shoulder and slipped on some Nike slides, jetting out of the door.

"Terry, I'm hungry," squeaked a tiny little voice. That was Kiara, the youngest and a tiny little fairy.

"Just a snack until Dre gets back. Don't spoil your appetite," Terrence said, wagging a finger like a little O-dad.

"J, would you help me?" She held her arms up and I scooped her up and set her on my hip.

"You got it, Kiki. Don't want you climbing on any counters." I pulled a granola bar down and paired it with an apple.

"Thank you!" She said sweetly.

"Welcome." I patter her thin little shoulder.

Terrence's bare feet made muffled sounds on the thin carpet as he started to climb the stairs.

"J, I'm gonna make dinner when Dre gets back. Fish and veggies with rice. Want some?"

"You gotta ask?" Terrence laughed. He was a good kid, responsible and kind.

A great cook, too, even so young.

"J?" Kiara said.

"Yeah?"

"You look pretty!" I looked down, saw the feather boa, and remembered the makeup was still on.

I laughed out loud.

Dre got back with the rice, Terrence made dinner, and Kiara took over for me at Dante's tea party.

The fridge made a sucking noise as Dre pulled it open.