50

JUNGKOOK POV

"Wake up.Wake up, wake up, wake up." Jimin shook my shoulders.

I groaned and rolled over in bed, groggy as hell. "Alpha, you gotta wake up!" His voice was playful, not panicked.

I'd learned over the past couple of months to decipher which was which, so I wouldn't freak out every time he woke me up for, say, a toaster strudel.

"What's the matter? Baby okay?" I grumbled.

"Yeah, but he's gonna be not okay if you don't wake up and pay attention to me," Jimin pouted.

I sat up, blinking and patting my hair down. "I'm up, I'm up."

It was my first day off in a long time and I wanted to sleep in, but I realized, moving into working and mated fatherhood, that those days were numbered.

It didn't matter, because my new life was worth it.

Jimin and my son were worth it.

"Awesome. I, um, have a surprise for you." Jimin fidgeted, a nervous smile on his face.

"Oh, yeah?" I knew he had something up his sleeve by the way he insisted we stay at the Hart house last night.

"Yeah, but you gotta get up to get it."

"Race you outta bed." I threw the covers back and jumped to my feet.

"Alpha, not fair," Jimin laughed, rolling himself up to a sitting position.

He was around twenty-seven weeks along, and now his belly stuck out properly.

"You know I'm turning into a bowling ball these days." He held his arms out and I helped pull him up.

I took his arms and wrapped them around my shoulders. He rested his face in my neck and we stood there with our bare feet on the soft carpet, standing in a ray of sun that streamed in through the windows, warming our skin.

I cradled Jimin's belly, both palms on the underside.

"Can't wait for you to get bigger."

"Ugh, I can't believe I'm gonna get bigger than this. I'm already knocking things off counters. I'm like a huge, pregnant cat."

I chuckled. "And twice as graceful."

"Yeah, right. Common, your surprise is waiting.Get dressed, and wear some thing you can show me off in." He smacked my ass.

"Keep that up, the surprise will have to wait."

"Later. Promise." Jimin gave me the bedroom eyes as he walked away.

I eyed his ass hungrily as he went.

Patience, Jungkook.

Down in the kitchen the family was talking loud, cabinet doors were slamming, and pots and pans were clanging.

Smells of cinnamon, nutmeg, and syrup were in the air, mingling with the savory smell of roasted meat.

"What's going on down here?" I asked when I saw the scene. All the heads popped up.

Not only were my parents and Killian there, but Jennie and her mate brought Aera Jr. and Nari, Tae, and Dre were helping to set the table.

"Surprise?" Jimin said with a shrug.

On the kitchen island was a smorgasbord of food, from pecan-crusted French toast to prime rib.

"Is this brunch?"

"Yeah. We're celebrating," he nudged my shoulder with his own.

"You know, celebrating us."

"I love it, babe. Thank you." I wrapped him up in a big hug and kissed his lips, then his forehead.