18

Jungkook pov

I did the best thing I could think of in an emergency like this.

I went home to my parents. Pulling up the long driveway, I immediately felt something in me settle.

Inside, the house was full of the familiar scents of my loved ones, some thing savory cooking, and an aura of love I never got sick of, even if I was afraid to admit it.

I found mom in the kitchen, elbow deep in red meat per the usual, and wrapped her up in a hug and squeezed the hell out of her.

"Kookie, what's- I'm happy to see you too, sweetheart, but what's all this?"

"Life's just been kicking my ass lately and I needed to see you, Mom."

Mom's brow scrunched. "You must be sick." She put the back of her hand to my forehead.

"There's no way you'd voluntarily hug me." I couldn't help but crack a smile at that.

"Furthermore, you know how I feel about swearing, Jungkookie."

"Yeah, I know. But you always let me get away with it."

"You're right," She sighed and hugged me tighter.

"Tell Mom what's wrong."

"Don't wanna talk about it," I mumbled.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I just need a hug."

"Okay. I'll give you my best one."

Mom squeezed the breath out of me and I nuzzled into her shoulder, turning into her baby again for that brief moment. I wish I could tell you.

She'd go berserk and it would only make things worse. Instead, when the coast was clear down I snuck, into the basement with my Omega Dad.

Dad looked up from the sports section when my socked feet hit the bottom of the stairs.

"Hey, kiddo, didn't expect you home so soon after the last visit." Dad smiled, his eyebrows lifted over his reading glasses, his green doe eyes soft and pleasantly surprised.

"Dad, can I talk to you about some thing?" Now his brows furrowed in concern.

They looked surprisingly like mine; expressive, and intense, just thirty years older.

"Anything, Son. What's the matter?"

He patted the couch next to him. I dropped down with a slight crunch of leather.

I took a deep breath and launched.

"There's this omega."

"Oh?" Dad immediately perked up, dropping his paper in his lap.

I dropped my voice lower.

If my mother heard...

"Just chill out, okay? I don't know for sure, but I've been getting this feeling, and he has this scent-"

"You think he's your mate? The nose doesn't lie, Son."

If dad hadn't been listening before, now he was on full alert. He lowered his volume too,knowing what and who we were up against, upstairs.

"The thing is, I don't think he's interested.We don't exactly get along."

"Don't get along in what way?"

"Every time we're in the same room we're on the verge of a fistfight." Dad's eyes nearly popped through the lenses of his glasses.

"How did that even happen, Kookie? What did you do to the poor kid?" He hissed.

"Me? He's the one who's always-" I cut myself off before I got on a roll.

"I just need some advice on how to turn things around. Before I hated his guts, but now..."

"Things have changed," my father said, nodding knowingly.

I nodded helplessly. "Son, if that's the case, you need to court the shit out of him. Court your ass off."

"But how do I do that if we've always been at each other's throats?"

"You start by making amends. You need to make up for whatever you've done, and from there, start to woo him. By now, you should have an idea of what he likes. At the very least, an idea of what he doesn't like."

"But he's done stuff too," I protested.

It was weak. I sounded like a kid arguing over a toy.

"It doesn't matter, Son. First of all, he's an omega and he needs to be treated like one."

"More importantly, if you think this guy is The One, you're gonna have to do everything in your power to get him. Swallow your pride, or you'll regret it later."

I nodded resolutely. Then I let out the breath I was holding and ran a hand down my face.

____________________________________________