11

Jungkook pov

"Scented some nice ones hanging around." I didn't want to tell him the whole truth, not just yet.

"Oh, yeah?" He asked brightly.

I shrugged. "Well, when you scent the right one, you'll know."

"You won't be able to shake them, and you'll do whatever you have to to be with them. I told you about what your mom did to be with me."

"Built an accounting empire so grandpa would finally approve of her. Yeah, only a million times."

"When it's your turn, you'll do the same thing."

"Let's hope they don't ask me to do their taxes." Dad chuckled.

I sipped my beer and dropped my head on his shoulder again, watching the Match.

Monday came way too soon and since it was the second week of classes, our teacher Arlo was ready to start throwing big projects around.

The scent of the Mystery Omega floated light in the air, and I perked right up. They were in my class.

How did I miss that before?

I looked around, trying to follow my nose to see who it was.

Every time they came around, they smelled better and better. I needed to introduce myself, ASAP.

That scent was mesmerizing.

As I looked, my eyes skittered past Taehyung on my left, and on the other side of him, Park. A little thrill went through me when I saw his face. I shivered and made myself look away.

Weird. After last week, they'd refused to move tables, so by unspoken agreement we were all sharing one.

Thankfully, Taehyung sat next to me to keep the peace. Tristan wasn't there yet today, so it was that much easier.

"What's up, bruh?" Dre asked, noticing my puzzled but focused expression.

"There's this Omega."

"Oh?" He laughed at his own corny joke while I threw a mechanical pencil at him.

"Got a nice scent."

"Oh, shit," Dre said, covering his mouth with his balled up fist.

"My boy, finding his happily ever after?"

"Dude. It's not that serious." I said that now, but the more I caught that scent the more I wasn't sure.

"Who are they?"

"That's the thing. Dunno who they are, but they're in the room."

"Shit, man. Too bad I can't put your nose on, I'd go right up and sniff all the O's until I found the right one."

"You would."

"Yup."

"They're in the Engineering Club, too. Scented them in the bowling alley."

"In that case, I think you should ask your BFF Park for their number."

I made a motion like I was hanging myself. Dre thought it was hilarious.

"He must hang with your O, though. He's gotta know who they are."

"Too bad for my- the omega. They deserve better."

"Park would throw up if he found out you bagged one of his Engineering buddies."

"I'm gonna get with them just to piss him all the way off."

Not true, but it would be an added bonus.

At least, that's what I told myself.

I breathed in deeply, chasing hints of the scent. As fast as it came, it went.

It was driving me crazy.

They smelled receptive...ripe.

My dick was normally as bored as I was in these classes, but it was awake now.

I'd find out who the scent belonged to if it was the last thing I ever did.

Our teacher's voice cut through my lust haze. "I hope you all caught all that, because I won't be repeating myself," Arlo droned, flat and nasal and annoyed.

"I didn't hear shit," Dre whispered. I snickered.

"Four to a group is fine. I don't have energy to separate you into groups so just work with the people at your table."

"What?" Park practically shrieked.

That meant we were in the same group. For the whole semester.

Me, Dre, Taehyung and Park all groaned loud and long.

The door creaked and swung open.

In walked Tristan, a cocky grin on his face and his chin tipped up.

"I'm here. What'd I miss?" He asked.

Arlo curled a lip at him. "Had you been here on time you would have known." His voice wasn't as flat and bored as usual. He was trying to hold back some hostility.

I didn't blame him; Tristan could be a dick.

"I'm here now," Tristan fired back.

"Why don't you have a seat, then? We're doing a group project and I assigned groups by table." Tristan rolled his eyes and started towards our table.

"Down here in the front." Arlo said, pointing with a satisfied smile.

"Limit four to a group. you can get acquainted with your new members."

"These nerds?" Tristan complained.

The three in the front row, a couple of guys and a girl, ducked their heads in embarrassment.

Sure, they were nerds the seventies wanted their outfits back but he didn't have to shame them in front of everybody.

Arlo crossed his arms and glared at Tristan. "These 'nerds' will make or break your grade in this class, so you better be nice to them. If you don't pull your weight, I'll find out and it will be reflected in your grade."

I knew for a fact that the only reason he was on track to graduate is because the Senator kept putting in calls to the school, sweet-talking them, asking favors, and doling out threats.

Tristan couldn't afford not to pass this class.

"Whatever," Tristan said with another eye roll.

He practically threw himself down into the empty seat and huffed like a kid throwing a tantrum.

Park's forearms were on the table.

He dropped his forehead on them and his shoulders dropped, probably from relief.

"I'm gonna flip this fricking table,"

I growled.

"Park for the whole semester?" I still had to work with him.

Some way-back part of my mind said, that's good. I noticed I felt really charitable around Park when my omega's scent was present.

Park was hate-staring a hole into the back of my skull, I could just feel it.

I turned to glare at him, baring my teeth like a wild animal.

He narrowed his eyes in typical Park bitch-face fashion.

This could only end in tears. The only plus was, I might be able to get closer to my omega.

We'll see.

______________________________________________