34

Jimin pov

Jungkook grinned wide when I pulled my clunker up next to his.

"Hey, hot stuff," I called out the window.

"Need a ride in my Benz? Looks like that jalopy of yours has gone kaputt."

he threw back his head and laughed.

I just stared at him, giddy at the sight.

His full bunny smile, his full-bodied laugh, all from my stupid joke.

I could spend the rest of my days making him laugh like this.

I ran my hand over the watch.

Wearing it was a major step in that direction.

I climbed out of my car, the old door hinges whining as I slammed it shut and rounded the hood to where he stood. I held my arms out, planning to wrap them around his shoulders.

He caught my wrist carefully in his hand and twisted it gently, staring at the watch with wide eyes and parted lips.

"Jimin. Does this mean...?"

"I haven't decided yet," I teased.

"But I'm, you know, leaning towards it."

Jungkook looked at me in wonder, like he hit the jackpot instead of me.

He wrapped the wrist with the watch around his neck, holding his hand over it. He kept it there, against his neck and under his palm.

His other arm went around my waist, pulling me close.

Our noses brushed for an instant and we breathed each other's air.

"You're mine," he said in a low growl.

It vibrated in my bones, soaked into my skin, settled low in my groin.

"Yes, yours, Alpha." Our lips touched sweetly, a couple of soft, lingering presses of our lips.

he pulled me tighter, squeezing the hand around my wrist, and deepened the kiss. This was slow, soul-stirring, beyond passion.

By the time we took a pause, I was light-headed in the best way.

"We came here to see a movie, right?"

I said, looking around in mock confusion. "I just need to be sure because you erased my memory with that kiss." Jungkook smiled again.

I ran a thumb over his bottom lip, swollen from kisses. "If you could just, like, do that forever, that'd be great."

He smirked. "Could, but we'd miss the movie."

"How about we compromise? Zombies and more kissing."

"Maybe. C'mon." He jerked his head toward the theater and we unraveled ourselves he didn't let go of my hand, though.

As we strolled, hand-in-hand, his index finger sometimes strayed up and brushed the watch marking me as his, that staked his claim on me.

Loaded down with a large popcorn, large fountain drink, and like five different kinds of candy Jungkook bought me, we settled in toward the back of the theater.

We didn't talk as the previews rolled and other people came in, discussing where they would sit, making the seats groan as they settled in.

We didn't need to say much; he was sitting on the side with the watch, still rolling my fingers in his.

still touching the watch with his fingertips every so often, like he was making sure it was still there.

I can't lie, as much as I wanted to see this movie, I barely knew what happened. "zombie apocalypse" blah, blah, "We're all gonna die," blah, "aim for the head," yadda, yadda, yadda.