37 (M)

Jimin pov

"We'll take our time with everything. I can wait. As long as it takes."

"You figure if you wait long enough, I won't be able to resist all this?" I rubbed a hand over his chest. He smiled a little.

"I'm serious. I'm not saying any of this is gonna be easy, but I didn't sign up for easy. I've known you were a pain in the ass for the past five years."

I laughed again, sniffling and wiping at my face. "Know what else? You're a fighter. You might stab yourself with your own pencils sometimes, but no matter what you come out swinging. I admire that about you."

I curled up against him. "I've only stabbed myself with a pencil twice."

"Yeah, twice that I've seen. That leaves, like, twenty years unaccounted for."

"This is where I conveniently leave out the dozen times you haven't seen."

We shared a laugh. The expanding emotions evaporated, leaving me feeling lighter.

Maybe there was hope for me, even though I still felt like damaged goods.

If Jungkook didn't think so, wasn't that what mattered?

"Privacy doesn't automatically mean sex," he said, rubbing my shoulder.

"It just means the two of us having fun together. We can just order pizza and play COD. That was the plan anyway."

I bit my lip, turning my thoughts over and over again in my head.

"You don't ever have to be afraid with me." he said. I believed him.

Slowly, I raised my eyes to his.

My dream alpha was here, protecting my heart as well as my body.

No more waiting.

"What if I want privacy to mean sex?"

I whispered. Jungkook's musky scent sharpened, turned spicier.

He answered slowly and carefully.

"Then you can have that, too. What ever you want, little flower."

"Whatever you want from me."

I looked into his eyes, checking one last time for what I already knew to be true; he was sincere. I wanted to get over this hurdle with him.

He held his breath, stayed perfectly still as I drew the backs of my knuckles across his cheek, then cupped his face putting my lips on his.

We traded soft pecks and jungkook waited, patiently, until I opened his mouth so our tongues could meet.

It was as good as all the other kisses we shared but somehow this cut so much deeper, beyond flesh and bone, into my soul.

he was tender, careful, treating me like a piece of fine crystal, probably afraid that if he pushed me too far I'd tip over and shatter on the ground.

He was right, I was fragile, but I could be strong with him holding all my broken pieces together.

I climbed into his lap, spreading my legs to straddle his strong thighs.

I scrabbled at his shirt.

"I want this off. Show me what's mine, alpha." Just like that, his shirt came over his head. This was as far as we'd ever gotten, but I wanted to push it.

"Boy howdy, I'll never get sick of seeing this."

"Boy howdy?" he said, eyes twinkling.

"Are we in an old western now?"