10

Jungkook pov

"Mom, Jennie's happily mated with her first baby on the way so where's the grandchild-less' argument coming from?"

Jennie was my older sister, and the only reason my brother Killian wasn't getting the same treatment was becos he was still in high school.

As soon as his eighteenth birthday hit, that was a thing of the past.

"I want you to enjoy college while you can, but keep your eyes peeled."

"I'm not so oblivious that my mate's prancing around under my nose without me knowing."

That omega, the one with the magical scent, bubbled up from my subconscious.

I needed to know who the hell that was. For all I knew, they could be my soulmate.

A flash of Park's V-cuts came into my mind,but I shoved them out yet again.

"I'm gonna finish up here, Hun. Your father's downstairs."

I kissed her cheek once more for good measure before cutting through the living room towards the basement stairs.

"Heard you're still having slap fights with Park Jimin." Looking up from his Teen Vogue, Killer lifted an eyebrow at me.

He was sprawled out on the couch like a prince, his neon-green toenail polish drying with one of those white foam thingies separating his toes.

"Why don't you two just do it already?" He picked up a pillow and pantomimed punching it.

"Hey Jimin, I hate your guts!" Then he squeezed it and pretended to make out with it.

"Hey Jimin, have my babies!"

I snatched the pillow and threw it across the room. Killer pouted.

"Hey! I was using that for my neck, you know."

"Killer, why the hell are you hearing about me and Park?"

"Because everybody's waiting for you two to tear each other's heads off and there's still a pot going around about who's going to win. Big money's on you, for some reason."

He rolled his eyes. "The bet needs to be on when you two are gonna bone."

"That's disgusting, and you're out of your mind. He's a beta, anyway."

"So? Nobody hates someone that much without wanting to jump their bones," he said with a casual shrug.

Stop reading my mind, you little fucker, I'm trying to get Park out of my head.

Why did my brother have to know me so well?

I crossed the room and picked up the pillow, holding it out to him.

"For your neck."

"Thank you," he said primly. As soon as he reached for it, I smacked him with it.

Not hard enough to do any real damage, but enough to make his ears ring. You know, out of love.

"Asshole!" he griped.

"Go watch Dora the Explorer or some thing, you little brat." I started to walk away.

"I'm a Blue's Clues fan, thank you very much." The pillow hit me in the back.

"You're lucky I love you or I'd crack your skull open with it."

"Try it and see what happens," he yelled. Then he lowered his voice.

"Love you, too, I guess," he grumbled.

I could tell he was smiling.

I swung open the basement door with a loud creak.

My Omega Dad was down there with the SK Thorns baseball game blasting out of the big screen.

When I hit the bottom of the stairs, a Pacifica beer flew at my head. I caught it mid-air and cracked it open, cold foam spilling onto my fingers.

"Hi Sweetheart. Get over here."

I dropped onto the couch next to him, burying my face in his neck.

My Omega Dad, Jih, scented me before kissing my forehead.

"How's school?" I leaned into him, not pretending I hated the babying this time.

This was my Omega Dad and I was at home in my basement where nobody could see me anyway.

I could cuddle with him if I wanted to.

"It's cool. So far, so good, I guess."

"Your mom giving you a hard time about the mating thing?" I snorted.

Dad chuckled. "You know how you alphas can be. Demanding. Want everything right now. Easy for her to talk about babies, she didn't have to carry you all for nine months." I heard the intake of breath as he sniffed me.

"She has a point, though. You smell like about fifteen different omegas."

"Jeez, Dad."

"It's not my fault, I'm just making an observation. You're the one rolling in pheromones." I had no response to that.

"I take it none of them struck your fancy." I shook my head against his shoulder.

"You're young. Have your fun now, because one day that just-right scent is going to bowl you the hell over."

The Mystery Omega's scent came to me again, like they were standing right in front of me.

That damn park Jimin, making me look bad in front of them. Well, that wasn't true.

I'd been a jerk to him, and I felt shitty about it. I couldn't tell my dad that.

_________________________________________