15

Jungkook pov

"Look at the focus on this guy, huh? You'd think he knew how to hit a curveball. Don't embarrass yourself out there, Jeon." That was Dre giving me a hard time from the dugout.

We were getting toward the end of baseball practice.

I was at bat, dialed in to our star pitcher is up on the mound. The late afternoon sun beamed down on my face, not reaching my eyes because of my helmet, but the rest of my face, neck, and chest were roasting.

Beads of hot sweat ran down my back.

My pits and chest were soaked.

It was just another day of practice.

Our pitcher reared back, tucking the ball into his glove and lifting his leg.

I focused on the movement, watching nothing but the ball hurtling towards me at ninety miles an hour.

Not thinking, just going on instinct, in a fraction of a second I reacted.

I released the pent-up power in my arms and swung.

The sound echoed like a gun shot. It was a line drive, squeaking past the mound and out past second base.

The second baseman, Peters, dived for it but missed it, which meant our right fielder Gomez had to clean it up.

It was an easy lope to first base for me and two runners made it home.

"Way to look alive out there, Jeon," Our Coach yelled in her gruff voice, clapping her meaty hands together.

"Thanks, Coach. I'm feeling it today."

It just felt good to work up a sweat and get my stress out.

The rhythmic swinging of my bat, and the loud crack when it connected with the ball, was satisfying.

It helped distract me from what happened yesterday with Park.

The second I had that thought, the scent hit me. I looked frantically off the diamond and over the athletic fields, trying to figure it out.

There were dozens of college kids milling around, running track or just tossing a frisbee. It could be anybody.

And then, there he was. Park. I mean, Jimin. Using his first name when he collapsed had really thrown me.

He moved with a group of co-eds in SKU royal blue and white, chatting up a storm.

He played on the intramural baseball team because even with that body of his,he was clumsy and uncoordinated.

I snorted.

What the hell did I mean, "that body of his?" He was objectively hot, as much as I hated to admit it, but not to me.

Never to me, even if he did look like something out of a magazine.

Even if I had freaked out more than I ever thought possible when I saw him vulnerable.

Even if it did feel strangely right to touch and hold him.

He got so worked up about the meds thing; did he have some sort of condition?

Today, Park jimin, strolled past with his teammates, making a fool of himself with his flailing hand gestures and laughing like a dumbass.

I hated his stupid perfect smile, and how he laughed with his whole body, doubling over and wrapping his arms around himself.

I didn't recognize a few of his team members.

My omega had to be one of them.

Which one?