30

Jungkook pov

I parked in the ALPHA house lot, tossing my keys in my palm nervously.

I was so deep in thought, I didn't see someone was there until a hand was on my chest.

It was Kim Taehyung, his normally friendly face and threatening.

"Tae? What are you doing here?" I had a guess.

"Stay away from Jimin, jeon. Just stay away from him."

We were about the same size, and I wasn't easy to intimidate, but some thing in his voice made me take pause.

It hit me.

"That's why you always protect him. You've always known."

"He's like a brother to me," he said.

"I'm always gonna have his back. Which is why I'm telling you this, and I'll only say it once. Back off, Jeon."

Suddenly, I had a lot more respect for Taehyung.

I appreciated him protecting my omega. Well, hopefully mine.

My alpha instincts didn't like backing down from a challenger, however, knowing the situation I backed down.

I kept my posture proud but non-threatening as I held my hands palms-forward, like in a robbery.

"I don't want to hurt him, Tae," I said carefully. "I need a chance to explain."

Tae pushed into me until we were standing nose to nose.

"How do you know about him?" Tae hissed through clenched teeth.

"It just happened one day. On accident. Nobody else could tell, only me."

Tae grabbed two fistfuls of his own hair to keep himself sane.

He spun back.

"Did you tell anybody?"

"Of course not! Why would I tell anybody?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe because you two hate each other's guts? Because maybe you'd want to humiliate him in front of the entire school and prove that you're the winner of your bullshit contest once and for all?"

"After all this time, after how you've treated him, do you think he would drop his guard just like that? He thinks you're luring him in for the kill."

I stopped myself from the "he's done things, too" argument.

My jaw clenched. "I told you, I don't wanna hurt him, tae-" The man had a point.

"Then what do you want? What do you want?" My face heated, then crumpled into a sheepish look.

No one besides my dad knew how I felt about Jimin up until then. Now I was putting myself out in the open.

"Oh my God. You really want to court him?"

"Yeah." I mumbled, kicking my shoes against the ground like a petulant child.

"We're all in deep shit."

"Understatement of the century,"

I muttered. I was desperate. "Help me out, tae."

"Excuse me?" Tae's voice went high pitched and squeaky.

"Help me," I hissed.

"I messed things up with him and I don't know what else to do."

"No. No, no, no, no..." I gave him a pleading look.

"Your puppy eyes look murderous, by the way."

I scowled. "I'm not going to help my best friend's archenemy seduce him."