52

JUNGGUK POV

"Oh no, this was a bad idea. You hate it. You don't have to. I mean, everybody will know you didn't wanna do it and I'll be super-duper humiliated until the end of time, but that's okay, because springing marriage on somebody is kind of a big deal, and you don't have to-"

I silenced him with a kiss, I grabbed his face and laid one on him. When I was done, his eyes were crossed.

Jami popped into the doorway wearing a crooked grin. "Sounds like you guys are getting married today."

"You ready?"

He fist pumped and yelled, "Let's do this thing!"

I held out my hand and helped Jimin down from the table.

After that, it's like I was flying.

"Did you plan this to get me down here?" I asked as Jami led us to the field.

"Nope, I'm just conveniently dumb."

We were waved into a dark tunnel which opened into the huge, open, bright field.

A sold-out crowd arched high up into the stands, hundreds of feet above our heads.

Thousands of people stood up, jumped up and down, screamed and cheered.

"This is my dream," I said to Jimin, who could just barely hear me over the roar of the crowd.

"I know. Someday they'll be cheering you for a different reason."

Our family stood at the base of the mound, clapping and cheering.

My dad thumped me on my back as I walked past.

I pointed at them. "You guys knew about this. Dad, you said you didn't know!"

He shrugged. "Jimin says 'snitches get stitches' and I'm no snitch, son."

Jimin snickered and I pinched myself, mumbling, "Oh my god, I'm in the twilight zone," while I climbed the red dirt of the mound, waiting for my eyes to adjust to the stadium lights.

The announcer, Mr Jim, was a gray-haired retiree with a big beer belly sticking out from his suit coat.

He smiled and waved us up, speaking into his mic.

"Here's our happy couple now. Folks, this is Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook, promising shortstop on out team."

"These two loved-up youngsters have a baby on the way so we know there's lots of love between them."

"They wanna kick off their married lives with all you folks here to witness it, becos they love baseball that much. We here at the games love that kind of dedication."

Jimin grabbed the microphone and pulled it to his mouth. "My husband is gonna play here one day! Just you wait!" I had to wipe at my teary eyes.

I didn't know it was possible for someone to love me so much, and it was overwhelming.

Jim held up a white card and read from it.

"Quite the story here, folks. The happy couple were at each other's throats for five years, Jimin medicating as a beta, until Jungkook here caught his scent, knew they were meant to be, and courted Jimin until he fell head over heels."

The crowd "awww'd".

"Let's hear some vows, Jimin." Jim handed the mic over and he sniffled before he started talking.

"Jungkook-" his voice cracked, and it echoed throughout the whole stadium.

He steeled himself and started again.

"Jungkook. You're the dream alpha I never thought I'd get,in a world where every alpha was the enemy. You were staring me in the face the whole time. I'm so glad you pulled your head out of your ass and courted me, because now we get to have the coolest shotgun wedding of all time."

He rubbed his belly and I laughed, and so did the crowd. "If anybody ever doubted who I am, or that I'm in love with you, or that I belong to you, let them forever hold their fucking peace because this is the proof."

I wiped at my tears. "Did you just cuss on national television?"

"Shit! I mean..."

I held my palm up and curled my fingers in the way that meant "give it here" and he handed over the mike sheepishly.

"My mate, ladies and gentlemen." The crowd went crazy and Jimin bowed dramatically.

"I, uh, I'm not good with words," I heard myself say, my voice thick with emotion.

"But uh, Park Jimin, the way we got together, it must have been fate. Every time I think we've had our best day together, you find a way to top it."

"I'm, I'm, grateful that you're gonna be mine forever. Can't wait to be husbands and dads together. I love you more than anything."

Jim clapped me on the shoulder. "Hell of a speech there, big alpha. Grab hands." We did.

He nodded to Taehyung, who handed us our rings.

Jim grinned. "Jimin, do you?"

"Fucking right! Oops," He covered his mouth. "I did it again." Luckily, the huge crowd roared with laughter.

I slid the ring on his finger.

"Jungkook, do you?"

"Yep, this one's off the market, boy and girls." Jimin slid the ring on my finger.

I'm married.

"You're alpha and omega, lay one on him, pal." I threw myself at Jimin's mouth, kissing him long and deep for all the world to see.

The roar of the crowd was deafening.

I wrapped my arms around Jimin's back and held him close.

"You liked the surprise?"

"Best damn surprise I ever got, husband."

"Guess we better go celebrate, husband."

I didn't feel a thing as I left the field.

It's like I floated through a dream.

If not for my family going crazy, the massive crowd, and the fact that it was all caught on tape, I never would have believed it happened.

"Guess I owe you guys another congratulations," Jami said with a smile as he led us back off the field.

We signed our marriage license in the hallway, right by the sick bay where Jimin had finished off his mini-donuts while getting checked up.

A million cameras flashed, and the Games PR team presented us with baseball themed cupcakes to smash in each other's faces.

We strolled back to the box, Jimin tucked under my arm and the family trailing behind.

It took a long time to get back, becos we kept getting stopped for high-fives, pictures, and offers of drinks or baby gifts.

Right outside the door to our box, we ran into the bratty tween kid Nari pulled her badge on. When he saw jimin, his eyes bugged out of his head.

"That's him? Wow, he's hot!"

I held back from throttling the boy. "You little..."

"Thanks, kid!" Jimin gave him a thumbs up.

I glared at Jimin. "What?"

I threw an arm around his shoulder and pulled him close. "Well, he's not wrong. But you're my husband. Mine."

"Yeah, big alpha. I'm yours."

We were officially hitched, and millions of people witnessed it.

It felt great to be a married man.

Our last big adventure have ourselves a baby.

__________________________________________