40

Jungkook pov

"Ready for the big presentation?"

Taehyung asked the next day as he tapped a pencil on the table in front of us.

The semester, and my college career, were almost over.

We were finally done with the project.

"No," I said, watching a classmate stutter over their presentation for a good thirty seconds.

They'd never live that down. "Glad Dre's gonna do all the talking."

"Dre sure is." He rubbed is palms together, ready for action.

"You should join Toastmasters or something, Dre," Tae said, "since you like speaking to big groups so much."

"Nah, I mean, I like bread as much as the next guy, but not enough to join a club for it." Tae grinned and jimin choked on some spit.

"What?" I asked.

"Isn't toastmasters about toast?"

"Frat boys," Tae teased, rolling his eyes. I made a mental note to google "Toastmasters" later.

"It's a little bittersweet, you know,"

Jimin said. "It brought me and this big lug together." He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Don't worry, guys, I'm here. I can't have my entourage missing me, now can I?" Tristan dropped into the chair at the end of the table on the other side of Dre.

"Thought we'd have the pleasure of your not-company," I mumbled.

As time went on, I was starting to like Tristan less and less. I could barely tolerate him these days, and I couldn't put my finger on why.

I was sure it had a lot to do with me being mated now, Tristan was a shit head and I didn't want him around any omega, let alone mine.

Still, my instincts were stronger than the situation probably warranted, but I couldn't shut them off and didn't try too hard.

Right now, with jimin's body changing and him showing his vulnerability, I'd rather snap first and ask forgiveness later.

"You're not gonna sit with your group?" Dre asked Tristan.

He smirked. "Dude, when I can come and make your lives miserable? Why should I?"

"A-a-and that's th-the end of our p-p-presentation," the stutterer at the front of the room said.

"Yikes," Jimin whispered.

"Their life is passing before their eyes. No, thank you."

I smirked. "Yeah, I'll pass on that."

"Riveting. Dre's group," Arlo called in his bored, nasal tone.

"Come blow us all away with your groundbreaking research."

"Oh, we're about to," Dre said, jumping up and completely ignoring the sarcasm.

He strolled up to the front of the room, leaving the rest of us behind.

"Y'all want a show, y'all are gonna get a show. I'm gonna teach you things you never even dreamed about the meds you put in your body without a second thought."

Jimin, Tae, and I snickered, exchanging looks as Dre got started, barely waiting for Jimin to set up the powerpoint slide.

With the laptop connected and title page up, Jimin said, "Hit it, Dre."

"Alright, y'all. Pharmaceuticals," he said, making an inquisitive face, like he was thinking hard.

"When you pick up your prescriptions, have you ever wondered why they're so expensive?"