23

Jimin pov

"You still good, bro?" Tae's leading eyebrows raised.

He was hoping I'd say yes, and of course the answer was yes.

We were at RoboCon, wandering up and down the endless aisles of robots in literally all shapes, sizes, colors, and materials.

Most did some sort of repetitive motion, and lots had wheels, and the coolest ones did tricks or small jobs like cut up hotdogs.

"I'm always good at these things, bro, you know that. Plus, this is the icing on the cake. Or should I say, the ice cream on the cone?"

I licked at the double-scoop of chocolate ice cream on a waffle cone.

Tae got it for me, because he was a real bro and he knew what I liked.

"I know you feel like you gotta keep me happy 'cause nobody else will go with you to these things, but I like to come with you."

"That's what bros are for."

Taehyung was becoming a mechanical engineer because he loved making this kind of robostuff.

Since we were kids, he'd gotten ridiculed about it, but I didn't care.

I never understood, being in the biomedical arena, but I was always happy to tag along and listen while he fanboy-ed over the doodads and all their moving parts.

"Wow, this is cool, bud!" I said to a kid who was displaying their pink dog-like robot that barked and lit up when you petted it.

She beamed at me, a cute gap where her two front teeth should be.

I nudged tae with my shoulder as we moved along. "Wasn't she cute? I had no idea how many cute kids would be showing off their stuff here."

"Yeah, they have that creative freedom that only a kid can have. Take it easy. Don't go getting baby fever on me."

"Shut up, I'm not!"

"Whatever you say, Mr. Points Out Every Kid We See."

"I mean, yeah I'm kinda young or whatever, but I wouldn't be opposed to being a dad right now."

"I've always wanted kids."

"Can't have babies if you're hiding your dynamic."

Throbbing started up behind my eye.

It wasn't a big surprise.

I was supposed to take two pills every morning. For the last few days, I'd taken four each morning.

What was I expecting, unicorns and rainbows?

"I know, I know."

My mind flashed with vision of a better world, a world where it was safe to be an omega, where I was safe to be an omega.

Me, with an alpha mate and a few kids running around? Hell yeah.

Me all big and pregnant, getting waited on by my mate? Sign me up.

Jeon Jungkook flashed into my mind.

I mentally shoved him out, but he came back as my alpha.

Like, he brought me bon-bons and presented them on bended knee.

I was sitting on the kitchen table, my legs swinging.

There was nothing on my feet.

I couldn't stomach alphas, though, especially not Jeon Jungkook.

His nicey-nice act weirded me out, and I hated that I liked it.

Enough of that.

Time to ditch this subject.