8

Jungkook pov

"Can't hang that, Park."

Park sighed heavily. "And why not?"

I held up the ALPHA poster, which flapped in my hand.

Park let his arms drop down, exasperated. "Should I prepare myself for another dick measuring contest?"

"Already approved for the spot. Besides," I winked.

"we know who the winner is."

Park's widened eyes dropped to the front of my jeans, hovered there for a second, before he seemed to snap out of it and come back to my face. That didn't help my little arousal problem.

"Is this gonna be another one of those times where you, you know, lie to me about what ALPHA has reserved?" He asked in a flat voice.

"It wasn't a lie. I told somebody to do it."

"But they didn't."

I conveniently left out that he was right to be angry last night.

I didn't feel good about it, and I wondered if I really had approval to put these up, or if Tristan was trying to start more shit between us.

Finally, Park rolled his eyes and continued to staple his poster up.

I took a step forward, into his precious little bubble, more aware of the bare skin on display as he reached up with the stapler.

"Did you hear what I just said? The student board approved that space for ALPHA, Park. Move," I demanded.

He did move, after he finished putting up his poster for a clothing drive.

He put the final staple in with a sharp whap of his palm.

His biceps flexed in a way I never noticed before and definitely was not noticing now.

Get your head on straight, Jeon.

"Look at me, bucking all the rules because they don't apply to me. If you have a problem with it," Jimin sniffed with his upturned nose in the air.

"you take your alpha ass to the board and have them take it down."

As he walked away, I slid my fingers under the paper, planning to pull it out by the staples so it would be down, but still intact.

Didn't work out that way.

Riiiiipppp! Stupidly, I held out my hand.

In it was a long, sad strip of poster paper, hanging limply from my fingers like something I just murdered.

"Jeon, are you kidding me right now?"

Park jimin turned back, his fingertips pressed against his forehead as he came toward me. Shit.

"I didn't mean to do that," I told him.

"I don't believe you."

"Seriously, Park, I'm not that much of a dick."

"Oh, just a little bit of a dick, then. Awesome. Way to reach for the stars."

"Just when I thought you had reached the highest level of asshole-ism possible you rip a poster to help clothe the homeless, just to prove how much of a caveman you are."

"What's your problem, anyway? It's disrespectful and it's uncalled for."

He was taking me to task and he was right. The flash of arousal came and went. Again. I couldn't have that.

"Our poster's for a good cause, too. It's not like your club's full of martyrs falling on your swords for every good cause that ever existed." he gritted his teeth.

"But your cause is more important than everyone else's? Because you're alphas?"

"It was an accident, Park. You assume every alpha's out to get you, then you blow everything out of proportion."

"Out of proportion?" His face turned stormy and I regretted my words.

I dropped my head, sighing. He held up the shredded poster and shook it at me.

"Whether or not you meant to rip our poster, you ripped it."

"It was a messed up thing to do."

"I know, alright?"

"Do you? Have you ever thought to put yourself in my shoes?"

"Using the way you've acted all these years as an example, how would you feel about alphas?"

"So you don't pick fights with me," I said.

It wasn't like he didn't say,like, hurtful stuff to me.

I wasn't gonna say it got to me some times, but shit, I had feelings, too.

"So you're Mr. Perfect? You've done nothing wrong? Yeah, okay, Park."

"You know what, forget this, and forget you." He stormed past me, bumping my shoulder as he went.

"Have a nice day, Sunshine," I mumbled.

I stapled my poster up, then stood back and looked at my handwork, feeling like the king of the dicks.

Wait, did Tristan lie about going to the board for the posters, too?

"You totally fumbled on that play, Jeon."

I sniffed the air. My Mystery Omega was gone.

I cast my eyes over the lobby area; it was full of students typing away on their laptops, talking in animated groups, or just plain sleeping, but it was clear my omega wait, not mine- was long gone.

I hoped they weren't around to see me argue with Park it wouldn't have looked good for me.

_______________________________________________