chapter 3 "See you tomorrow, kitten"

As i walk down the corridor to my next class i find myself thinking about satan wayne. I wonder why brok warned me about him. Did he do something bad?

Suddenly i feel someone grab my arm. I nearly jump out of my skin.

"oh, im sorry i didn't mean to scare you!" i turn to see a girl with hair and a big smile. "you're grmmaryly right?

"oh hi" i say.

"im jasmine, i was meant to show you around but i couldn't find you"

"oh it's ok ill be fine" i say feeling a bit stupid.

She waves her hand dismisively. "nonsense, i'll take you to lunch." She loops her arm through mine and guides me down the corridor.

┎┈┈┈┈┒

"guys, meet grammarly," announces jasmine to a group of people. they all wave at me. we sit down at the table. I sit next to a girl with purple hair.

"hey," says the girl, looking thoughtful. "as in the girl that just moved in with the suttons?"

jasmine looks at me, a strange expression on her face. "is that true?"

i shift under her gaze. yeah, my mom married rick"

The purple haired girl exchanges a look with a bald boy.

As jasmine talks with one of her other friends, the purple haired girl leans in close to me. "Jasmine has a complicated history with berk"

"Oh," i whisper back.

She glances at jasmine. "Did not end well"

"Ah i say and bite sanwich

By the way, my names asda " says the girl.

"Nice to meet you"

"Id better warn you about brok and berk" says asda with a serious look on her face

Im confused. "I dont think theyre going to hurt me."

Asda touches my shoulder comfortingly. "I didn't mean brok and berk i meantall the girls that are obsessed with them

I think of the girls nasty looks this morning. It makes sense now. I frown "but why would they hate me. Brok and berk arent exactly going to go for their stepsister"

Asda shrugs. "Girls dont make sense"

I shrug to

"So grammarly" says jasmine, attention back to me. "How was chemistry with mr brown?"

I shrug. He was kind of mean but he is hot

The whole table nods in agreement. Then the bald boy looks at me. Didnt you have to sit with satan wayne?"

I grimace. "Ye" then i ask "what's the deal with him anyway?

The bald boy sighs. I'd call him satan's spawn if he wasnt satan himself"

Jasmine nods. "Jorge is right. Satan wayne is nothing but bad news"

Curiously i ask "what did he do anyway?"

Jorge looks at me seriously. "He is a total player and breaks girls hearts. He smokes and drinks whisky Hes in a gang. Also he set his house on fire with his mom inside"

I digest this and my sanwich. Wow"

Jasmine looks at me intently. "He's dangerous, grammarly. The only thing scarier than him are his exes." Then she adds "and his gang"

"Well" i say, al little defensively. "I wasnt interested in him anyway he's a jerk"

"Thats what they all say" says asda wisely. "Just watch out grammarly, he's harmless enough until he's got a gun in his hand and he's pointing it at you"

"Or he's setting your house on fire" says asda.

"That too" Jorge says.

As they eat and talk, i find myself looking around the cafeteria. I notice brok and berk in the corner somewhere, surrounded by girls. Brok looks intense and grumpy, berk looks like hes falling asleep in his sanwich

Its then that i notice satan wayne walk into the cafeteria. It's like a spell washes across the room. It gets quiet. Girls stare at him boys look away in submission

He catches me looking and smirks. Ashamedly i find myself blushinfg. He is a player, i think to myself. Bad news. But i cant help the butterflies in my stomach.

Im about to look away when i realise hes coming my way. I watch as he strides over, hands in the pockets of his leather jacket. He gets closer and closer, until he's almost at the table.

"See you tomorrow, kitten" he calls to me as he walks past

The whole table stares at me.

I smil akwardly. "Ye so he's my lab partner"

"God help you" says jorge, wide eyed.

"I'm sure you'll be fine" says asda unconvincing, patting my shoulder

"Yes" i say out loud. But insides the butterflie in my stomach don't stop

It'll be fine, i repeat in my head.

I just need to get through this project and then it will be over.

*****************

Author's note

New characters!

What do you think of satan's past? Do you think grammarly will change her mind about him? And what happened between jasmine and berk?

Thanks for reading! Next update tomorrow. And who knows it could be a double update 😉

Hey quick note: things might be getting stemy in just a few chapters, so make sure you stay tuned!

Bye for now!