Chapter 24: "give him a chance grammarly"

My dad takes me to a small room with a table and a few chairs. I take a seat on one side put my stuf on floor. after a quick word with tina, we are left alone. He sits down and smiles at me. I notice his eyes are a bit tired

"Wow" my dad says lookin at me, strange look on his face"you look diferent. older"

"so do you" i retort and he chuckles, but touches his dark hair conciosly.

i smile slightly. its good to be able to teese hi again

"im sure you want answers" he tells me.

i just raise my eyebrows doubting he wil tel me much "are you going to giv them to me though?"

his smile tinge with sad "i know i havent always ben presents-"

i cross my arms. "you don't need to tell me

he clears his throat like theres somthing stuck in it "i need to tak to you about some things grammalry

"mhm" i pick at lintin my cardigan so i dont have to look at him

"I know you've been involve with Satan Wayne" he says the name with scorn.

i frown. how does he know abou that? has he been spying on me? "so what?"

he gives me a disaporving look "Grammarly, he's a thug"

I just stare at him "and your not?"

My dad lets out a sigh, the kind reserve for anoying daughters who wont listen "grammarly, don't make me feel bad for trying to keep you safe.

"safe" i actually laugh. "by puting me in the midle of a turf war?"

my dad frowns and i roll my eyes

"oh come on" I say exasperated "it doesnt taek a genus to work out whats going on here. you're looking to take over, mark your teritory."

my dad says nothing in reply. but i know im right. i am his daughter after all i have brain!

i lean in slightly "tell me im wrong. thats why im here right? somethings goin down tonight"

my dad ignores me "your here because i need yo to be safe"

"if you really cared about my safety" i tel him honest "then why startt a turf war in the town i live in.

I sit back "admit it " i say, "your just greedy and selfish. wiling to put people like satan at risk for mor power" and brok, berk, kai, noah, madoc...

My dad sighs and gets up "I thought i would be able to get reason with you but it seems that is not the case. You're arguing with me over some boy" he say this with disdain

i intererupt, incerudulos at his word "reason with me?

"ever since youve come here you have been spending time with bad company. i need you to stay away from them grammarly"

it hits me "youve been here the whole time," i say slowly. "and youve been watching me."

my dad loks slightly pained "Marly-"

"and you didnt even-" i stare at him liek i dont even know him "you didnt even call? cometalk to me?"

"I had to get som thigns inorder first"

"you had eleven months"i say, voice cracking like a window. sudenly everything is hiting me. how lonely i have ben without my dad for almost a year, having to leave behind new yokr and how satan couldnt give me what i wanted. But i wont cry in front of my dad i wont. i try again, voice strong er "you had eleven months to get things in ordert"

"Grammalry" my dad holds his hands up "I know it doesnt seem like i have been the best father always. But everything i do, its for this family"

"Do me a favor" i say darkly "don't pretend to know the first thing about being a father."

I get up and grab my atuff and leave, angry and tired

the last words my dad says to me are this:

"I made you, Grammarly"

I slam the door shut.

************

i sit outside on the floor, not caring as gravel digs into my leg like digger. First the fight with my mom, now this. have i been too harsh on my parents? i dont know al i know is that im stil mad

"can i sit with you" voice is gentle, tentative

i dont look up but i recognise the voice - tina. i nod.

Tina sits down next to me. "Your dad was relly lookin forwad to seeing you grammarly"

i let out a dark laugh "right"

"he's not always the best with words"

"funny" i say "i always heard he was charming, "very good with words"

"that different " say tina "thats business"

"maybe he should just stick to business". i let out a sigh slither from my mouth like a caterpilar

Tina give preganat pause . then soft like ice cream she say "you really have grown up, grammarly. you remind him of her"

My stomach twists like a ride at the amusment park "she's gone"

Tina gives me alook. I hate the pity in it. I dont want to think of what - who - ive lost.

"She was youre sister Grammarly" reply Tina

I glare at her "drop it liek its hot tina"

tina sigh. "give him a chanse gramarly"

"I need time, Tina."

ok"

there are few minutes of silence. i think to myself, about my dad, my mom, satan, brok, berk... evryone. this town. my life here. all the messes. hm, maybe my dad can do som things to help me out

"i'll talk to him again" i say "but he needa to do some things for me first"

"like what"

"wel for one tell my mom i was with him so she doesnt kill me for skipping school"

"already done"

i look at Tina sharply "what did she say?"

Tina purses her lip like a purse in a shop "she wasnt hapy. but she know your dad can protect you."

i bite my lip. i wonder if my moms worying about me. "wehn can i go home?" when wil the danger be over?

"You'll have to stay the night but by the morning it wil be safe"

I frown but i dont bother asking why, its not like shell tell me whats going on. i hate being so clueless like that dumb girl int hat movie

She holds out her hand to help me up "ill show you where you sleep tonight"

I take it and she lead me inside like im a fragile puppy and she my owner

********

so we have met grammarly's dad!!

who is grammarly's sister? what happen to her

uh oh i wonder whata going on 👀

vote comment <333

rosalina~~