chapter 21: "i prefer my shit stirred"

i can't be bothered to stay at school, not after my fight with heather, so i text kai.

me: wanna skip

kai: tht youd nvr ask

kai: meet me out front in 5

me: k

i avoid the cafeteria like plague, not wanting to bump into jasmine or asda or jorge... theyve probably heard about me and heather. i dont wan to talk about it. i have bigger problems to fry

first problem to deal with?

Satan Wayne.

*********

"so where we goin to grammarly" asks kai as we sit in his car.

"dont be mad at me" i start

Kai laughs "i could never be mad at you my darlin gramArly"

I take a deep breth "i want you to take me to satan's place"

Kai's smile fades. he squints like squid. opens his mouth. closes his mouths. looks thoughful. shudders slighly. closes his eyes. narrows his eyes. then he shrugs "ok sure ill take you there"

i stare at him "wait really? no 'i dont think hell want to see you', or 'it's just going to stir shit up'?"

Kai smiles "i prefer my shit stired"

i scrunch my nos "ew kai" but then i say "thank you"

"no sweat gramma"

i look at him sternly "dont cal me that , old man"

Kai just laughs then he drives us down lots of roads. we make it to a row of houses. they are medium size . "here we go" he says coming to a stop "let the shit stirring begin"

i roll my eyes and get out the car. Satan's house is brick, with red dors flaking paint. all the blinds are down so you cant se into house. i march up to the stairs and knock door. kai watches me from car amused. "i gota go" he calls out to me

i stare at him "wait kai how will i get-"

"-home" i finish as he drives away. i squint whats up with that ghostly boy. anyway

the dor opens and a woman looks at me suprised "oh my " she says. "its bean a while since a girl was here"

i blink at her. "um, im lookin for satan? im gramarly"

she smiles "then your in right place honey folow me i am his mom lily"

huh so she isnt dead and burned tocrisps

I follow satan's mom into the house. she has mid length dark hair and the same pale skin as satan she is very beaitiful i can see where satan got good look

Lily sets me down in the kitchen "ill make you a sanwich" she tells me "it is lunchtime"

"oh you dont need to-" i start but then my stomak rumbles like a volcano. she gives me a knowing look

"so you must be the girl my Satan is so enamored with" she say casual as she prepare sanwich

i blink "i think yo might be mixed up wit h heather"

"heather?" satans mom looks confused "arent you gramarly"

"um" i say "ye

"ive never herd of any heater" she tells me "but i have heard a lot about you dearest"

"oh i say in smal voice. she looks at me thoughtful "you ok love? did satan do aomething to make you think he didnt like you"

i hesitate

"you can tel me" she say seriosuly

i bite my lip "wel i think he was with heather last night. but i thought he liked me"

she frowns "he does like you gramarlly. i " she sighs "he's had hard time since his dad died. he shuts people out"

i must be lookin at her with strane expreson because she smiles gently "ah you didnt kno about satans father"

i shake my head. "i had no idea

"satans father" says Lily with a sigh "was the lov of my life"

i listen enraptured as a raptor

"he was complicate man, just like satan. hard to understand" she say "but it was worth it in the end. he loved me strong and feircly right until the end"

she smiles at me" if you giv him the chance to prove it, i think satan could love you just as fiercely grmarly"

I stare at her. Lily goes back to choping. "of course" she says "if he really was with another girl, you beter make him work for youre forgivenes"

i laugh suprise "of course"

"so what about you gramarly" she ask me "whats your story"

"um" i say akwardly "i grew up homeschooled. then i went to schol in new york. then my mom remarried and now im here i gues"

"having a good time here so far?"

i nod slowly "its certanly somthing"

Lily smiles "it can be a strange place this town" she agrees "but theres a lot of lov and a lot of heart. i wodnt want tobe anywher else"

I smile "it is prety nice here"

She pauses her choping "i heard your moms name was alice" she say

i blink "oh um yeah"

"if you dont mind me askin gramarly" asks lily. she says it lightheart ed but i sense somthing deeper in her question "whats her maiden name?"

i frown "wel i dont actually know. befor she married rick she had my dad's name"

"oh what was your dad's surname?"

"harbridge" i say. lily stifens slight. "why, do you know her?"

Lily shakes her head "mixed her up with a diferent alice"

"ok" i say, but i can tell shes lying.

Lily plaster on smile and gives me the sanwich "here you go darling"

i smile back "thanks lily"

As i bite into the sanwich Lily looks shepish "well ive probably stolen you for myself for lon enough. ill call down satan. he hasnt ben feling wel," she pauses with a slight smil "though i suspec its less of a cold, and more of heartsicnes"

"um wait" i tell her "can i ask you a qiestion first "i want to get throug to satan. do you have anyidea how"

she ponders this "a good qieston gramatly." she thinks "wel he loves the fair, though he would never admit . it would hurt his gang leade image to be caught on a ferris whel aparently"

i blink at her "you know hes in gang?"

Lily looks sad as a sad aple"as much as i love this place, i would move in heartbeat if i think it would help my son. but he wouldnt leave"

i nod understandingl y "i unerstand"

then because icant help myself "did satan ever set you on-"

at that moment theres a sqeek as dor open. Satan stands ther, shirtles and with bedhead. He rubs hi s orbs and stares at me, eating sanwich in his kitchen. then he narow eyes at Lily. she just shrugs at him and hides smile.

"gramarly" he says, lookin confused "your in my kitchen. why yo in m kitchen?"

i look him dead on. "We need to talk"

********

well well well, seems like satan does have a mom. what do you think of her? how do you think satan and grammarly's talk will go?

satan pov chapter coming soon btw! <3

rosalIna~