chapter 18: "do you have any idea what time it is young lady"

bender drops me off a few hours later. i have no idea what time it is, but lukily this time i have my key. Hopefully no one hears me come in. what time is it anyway i dont know

I quietly and carfully open and close the door. I tipto toward stairs, ready to go to bed-

"Grammarly Harbridge!" Says my mom loudly. She sems angry. Wory prickles my skin like im stroking a cactus 

I venture into the kitchen dragging my fet "um hi mom"

My mom gives me angry look "do you have anyidea what time it is young lady"

I glance at the clock which says 2:35am

oh shit. when did it get so late?

 "ah" i say akwardly "sorry i lost track of time"

"You text me that your with a friend - kai, was it? - and i've never even heard of this friend by the way!" she doesnt look shes about to calm down anytime soon. "then i call you seven times, and no reply! and i wait for a text, a call, anything. but you dont contact me at all! then you stumble in at this time"

"isorry" i say "my phone die"

"grammarly," she says exaspepratedly "you couldve called from a friend's call, or at least made sure you were home by your curfew. you do owna watch last time i check"

i scratch my arm and say nothing. my stomac churns 

"and what were you even doing this late, grammarly!? what were you doing with this kai-"

i feel a pricle of anger bite me like a bee

"we need to talk about this grammarly. you have a curfe. it is certainly not ment to be broken by you hanging out with a guy until 2:30am. i thought i taught you better-

"don't pretend to care now" i say, voice sharp, and with instant baguette

My mom's eyes narow inshock"do elaborate, gramarly" she says, tone icy "on what exactly you mean by that"

i swallow. it's hard to lok her in the eyes. "forget it mom"

"Grammarly" my mom's eyes pierce mine so hard they coud draw blood

"i just mean" i say quietly "that you never seemed to caree wat i did before we came here. so why start now?"

my moms face contorts like a rageful contortionist "of course i care gramarly. how dare you insituate anything differnt!!"

i just stare at her fists clenched

"we've been here barely a week" she tels me "and your off galivanting with boys insted of being here and being a part of this family!"

"what the hell would i kno about being a part of a normal family" i shoot back at her "because you and dad sure as hel never taught me!

My mom's eyes darken like night sky "you listen to me, young lady-"

"no you lissen to me , mOM" my voice is defintly louder now but i'm not backing down "when dad was off on busines and, i was all alone, you jus ignored me. it was just me and fuCkliNG FernANANNANDO THE CAT!!!"

my mom takes a step back. the anger is gone replace by aprehension "gramarly-"

"all i had" i say voice breking like a plate dropped on floor "was you, fernando and uncle ben. and i barly even had you"

my mom opens her moth to say somthing but i cut acros her again

"you can't be my mom only when its convenient for you" isay "you werent ther for me when i kneeded you most. so maybe i don't care what you think"