chapter 32: "so you're a traitor"

When i wake up, i feel sore and tired. i creak my eyes open like they creaky doors and squint at my surroundings. im on a matres on the floor, in a dark dusty room, no windows. a basement? wherever i am, i dont recognise it, and i sit up quickly, sudenly alert and afraid.

A man is watching me arms crossed, face with no expresion. His big muscled arms are crossed, and his bald head shines in the dim light, a starfish tattoo on top of it 

panic crawls up my throat like a spider "wh- whats going on?'  i ask brethy as my heart thretends to pound out my chest and bounce on the floor like a boil eggs

the man unfolds his arms and i scramble backwards, my back hitting the wall

the man holds up his hands "You fainted" he says in a deep scratchy voice, like sandpaper "and your friend Kai brought you here." he gives a slight chuckel that grates my ears like chese, and does not feel genuin "guess you had a litle too much to drunk, huh little lady?"

i frown. my head hurts, and its hard for me to remember, but my memory is fuzzy, like im trying to watch it in 144p "but i didnt-"

my eyes catch on another pair of eyes, watching from the corner of the room, and my words stal in my throat like a car. i swallow, still feeling scared. i dont understan whats going on

"what do you want from me?" i whisper. i dig my nails into the skin of my knee, trying to calm my heart and think clearly "wheres kai?"

"your friend's just geting you some water" the scary man tells me.

"Ok" i say, knwoing theres more to it, butim too tired and confused "but can i go home now"

"im afraid" says a soft voice, like very soft ice cream. "that wont be posible". the person from the corner step out into the dim light from a single lighbulb in middle of room, and i notice its young woman. i dont recognise her, but ther is somthing familiar about her blue orbs. they remind me of my sister's.

my sister is dead, i remind myself, sending a shot of pain throgh my hair.

I take a deep breath "why not?" i ask

"becaus we're not done with you yet" the girl's voice is so soft, but i dont miss the danger in it. she is not to be messed with

i glance at the man, who gives me a scary smile. i swalow and look back at the girl "what does that mean?" my voice comes out horse and crackly like crackers

The girl ignores me, and beckons the scary man too her. he walks over to her side, and she talks to him in a low voice, too quiet for me to hear. after a minute he nods, frowning, and leaves out th edoor. he doesnt look back at me.

alone with the strange girl, i start to feel more afraiod. i shiver, sudenly cold. then i ask, "what do you want from me?"

the girl sits down on a chair, still enshrouded in shadow. the lighbult flickers. "tell me about your mom," she tells me.

I stare at her "my mom?"

She shrugs, "alice, right?"

"i dont understand" i tell her "what dos my mom have to do with aything?

The girl sighs "he was right, you realy dont kno anything" she pauses "ok, tell me about the silver wolves"

i look down "i dont know anything abot what there doing"

"right" says the girl sarcasticaly"as the daughter of the boss, your entirely clueless"

I give her an angry look "why would i lie? im trapped here, with no idea whats going on. for all i know you want to kill me"